Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes, you can eat Chinese food IN MODERATION. Overall, Chinese food is very high in calories, fat, sodium, sugar, etc. There are healthier dishes, but some vegetables may not go down easily. It really varies on what eat person can tolerate after being banded. Just be careful and follow the rules of chewing thoroughly, eating slowly and measure your food and you should be ok.

can anyone tell me if at all u can have a chinese, i would love to have one but dunno if i will beable too

What's "a chinese"? What sort of food are you talking about, specifically?

I usually have chinese once a week. I have to take it slowly and really chew up the meat, usually chicken. Sometimes it gives me a little trouble at first, then I wait awhile and finish. The fried rice goes down good, but I can't handle white rice.

I love chinese food but the doc told me to not eat rice. It swells and if it sits in your pouch too long and you drink something, it can stretch your pouch. Other people eat it and have no problems but since he told me not to, I don't. I miss it but I don't want to take a chance.

I used to love the chinese buffet. On a road trip a couple years ago we kept food cost down by always finding the buffet and enjoyed some really good ones in out of the way places. I have not gone since my surgery over a yr ago. What was the purpose? can't eat much and it is a waste but yesterday my co worker went and brought me back the carry out portion of the buffet with all my favorites. The portion would have been what i would have eatten in the first trip up to the buffet an

d i could hardly eat a third of it so i have lunch for the next couple days. Now that is a deal i can live with!

I'm sort of pickey when it comes to Chinese food. I would love to have some once I can eat "real food". I normally eat the appetizers...chicken fingers, steak terriyaki, fried rice, boneless pork etc. Will I still be able to eat all of that? I'm going to find eating very small portions and chew, chew, chew very difficult!! I'm so use to inhailing my food!!!!

I haven't had any problems with Chinese food, but know a friend on here who has been banded longer, is almost to goal, and cannot eat it at all! She tried some last time this discussion come up---and it was a no go. So each of us reacts differently with these fickle bands. I'd try a little bite or 2, and wait awhile, do a very slow test run.

Good Luck!

Kat

Some of it I can but the chicken is usually too tough and the beef is usually low quality, I end up chewing forever and spitting most of it out because it isn't fit for swallowing. I love the veggies I just eat around any celery. My all time favorite is general tsao's chicken, but it is 700calories per cup! I cannot jsutify that, no matter how hard I try. I usually get cashew chicken, it's mostly veggies and a little bit of chicken that is not deep fried and of course a few cashews :)

ouch.....

about once a month my family used to go out to this one really great chinese buffet on sat or sun for the steak and grill part....its really awesome...

and tonight we went, first time since banding feb 13. I was very hungry and didnt chew as well as i usually do. I also had Two rolls of fried dough (i know) and i cut them up, at those very tiny and chewed, but then followed with the grilled steak. Yum, but then OUCH.

holy cow i was miserable. if i could have thrown up i would have, but i didnt so i walked, and walked and kept walking, when i got home i walked some more, pausing occassionally to bend over and pray for relief. when i got back to the house i drank three cups of hot tea slowly, and popped and chewed about ten 'tums' like antacids. ah. better, finally...but tomorrow im going to liquids for the day just to get my feet under me. holy cow it was good, but totally not worth the pain that followed. holy cow.

thanks was! ill try that next time i do this. (which hopefully wont be for a long time)

Girl, lemme tell ya, while i was walking, the ONLY thing that felt better was just bending over to where the top half of my body was upside down. i looked like one of those bobble bird thermometors from when we were kids. my dog was totally confused.

whew buddy.