Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

need encouragement!

So tomorrow is the big day. I have been waiting for this for a year now!! But last night I was talking to my aunt, telling her what happens in the surgery and she says "now please tell me why in the world would somebody think that's OK? " then my grandfather went on to say "all types of things happen to your body (which I already knew) when you get those types of surgeries" and that scared and discouraged me. So now I'm debating back and forth about calling to reschedule to have more time to think about this. Any suggestions?

I was really struggling a day or 2 before my surgery as well. However, I'm so glad I went forward with it. I was sleeved Jan 19th so I'm only a few weeks out. Everyone will have an opinion, but this is your journey! This is a new chapter and you deserve happiness. Good luck! You got this.

They are scared for you because they love you. But you are the one that has done the research and the preparation. You are the one that knows that it is a lot riskier to stay obese than it is to take this step to change. You are the one that can take this step for a healthier future. Know that WE are behind you!

Think back to a year ago and prior to that WHY you finally decided to take this route. Remember and think about what was the final straw was for you. Just like Teachamy said, they are saying that because they love you. I had a melt down last week because my mom expressed her worries, and asked me was I worried. I told her I would be a fool not to be, but I CANNOT CONTINUE TO LIVE THIS WAY. Understand, the closer you get, the more nervous others will get too. STAY STRONG AND REMEMBER ALL OF THE REASONS THAT YOU MADE THIS VERY IMPORTANT DECISION TO LIVE A HEALTHIER LIFE. For me, I say that I made the decision to LIVE not just EXIST and I'm looking forward to being sleeved soon.

It took me five years to make up my mind and now I am two weeks post op....believe me I didn't feel a thing...smooth sailing all the way .i was prepared with wet sponges ,as I had read about having dry lips,had my gas strips ready and was prepared for the pain etc ...but nothing happened and I didn't need any thing at all .....no gas pain nothing ...thank God! I am down now to 224 pounds from 248....that is 14 ponds!my BP has already decreased and I am almost a size down in two weeks.My husband and children tried to discourage me but now are ok about it....go ahead with it as I wish I had done it five years ago ....and am sorry that I kept putting it off.....it's your life ...make it beautiful :)

JLS take a deep breadth! Tears, fears, and second guessing are all normal emotions right now as this is a huge life changing event. Our families love us and sometimes don't fully understand our PHYSICAL, mental, and EMOTIONAL struggles being obese! They just see what most times we allow them to see not the achey joints, slower pace, being winded with taking the stairs, or hetch in my case difficulty in crossing my legs. They worry about the risks involved with having the surgery but the reality I've tried to get my family and friends to see is the what about the risks associated with being obese?? Risk factors for heart disease, stroke, diabetes and so much more are equally or greater for me remaining over weight.

Having this surgery has to be a personal decision in the best interest of what you think is best for YOU! Think back to a year ago and ponder why you embarked upon this journey to WLS. Weigh out the pros and cons. Envision where you can be 6 months to a year from now with and without the surgery. Trust your own gut and most of all trust God to see you through this. Just know change and the unknown is scary for us all. My surgery is in March and while I'm very excited I'm equally scared but nothing scares me as much as remaining in the unhealthy state I'm in right now. Regardless of what you decide we are all here to support you.

Bravo Girl!, that's the way to go ....shall be praying for you to have a successful ,pain free operation like mine ....you will feel so good when your weight starts going down ....just relax and keep the end results in mind .....all the best ...please don't forget to walk,walk and walk and start that tomorrow !!