Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Arguing with the scales again. No there is no way that I have gained weight especially I 2 days. I know in my head it is daily fluctuations, but when I see it on the scales it freaks me out. Tempted to trash them and only weigh at the Doctors office or at least have the hubs hide them again. On to other news...

Going on vacation next week for 10 days. Really worried about getting off track. Worried about getting my Protein. Not worried about Water, I get that in everyday easily. Seriously considering taking my kitchen scales with me. Looking forward to visiting my dad and then going down to see my daughter and grandson. Just want to be able and enjoy it and lose a few pounds.

Thanks for letting me vent. My family is very supportive but they don't always understand what I am going through and actually how hard I am working at this

Until the band gets properly adjusted, all you can do is continue to work hard...it can get frustrating...

There will come a time when you can't pass by a scale, get on and feel great every time you do...like walking by a mirror..every time is a reward and you can't get enough of it....

Hang in there...it does get better and easier....

Vent away! Congrats on the weight you have lost, tho'! Karen..aka..kll724

I'm a daily weigher. If I'm up a pound or two, I use it as motivation to stay on track or be better. If I'm down a pound or two, I use it as motivation to keep doin what I'm doin. But if it's bothering you that much then just weigh once a week. And don't forget how hormones can affect the scale. Best wishes!

i am sure you will do great.....choose great options/choices, walk if you can and enjoy your family....no stress....its about being healthier and you are doing fantastic....happy vacay to you and yours.

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠

I go on vacation in 20 days. Yay! I'm really looking forward to it.

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear but I always cut myself some slack during vacation. Even thin, healthy people tend to gain on vacation.

You seem like to have it all under control. Just add in a bit of activity. Enjoy yourself & don't sweat it too much if you gain a couple of lbs. Just get right back on track when you return home. It has been my experience that I lose those vacation lbs quickly.

love the advise from steph2012.. cut your self some slack vacation is time for relaxing.. just choose the best food options and make sure to at least walk every day if you are truly worried about gaining.. you may just surprise your self ... and come back leaner and fitter than before you went. as i find it's easier to lose when your relaxed v's when your stressed.

enjoy.. and send us all a postcard :D

if you will feel more in control if you bring the food scale, then do it. if you are obsessing over the bathroom scale, then get rid of it. do what makes you feel comfortable. enjoy your vacation!

Edited by gowalking

Getting rid of my scale was the best thing FOR ME..... I weigh once every four or five weeks at the doctor's office. I was/am the type of person that let the number on the scale dictate my mood/outlook for the day.... Dumb, I know. Plus, I found myself getting on the scale even more than once a day. My husband hid it..... I think permanently bc my daughter wanted to get on the scale a while back, and HE can't find it..... Oh, well.... Life goes on. I'm not advocating not weighing daily for anyone, but it sure worked FOR ME !!!!!

I tossed my scales out long before my surgery date was set, and have not regretted it at all. I do my weekly weigh ins at my gym, as well as the monthly doctor appointment check up ones. It's made me a much happier person in the long run instead of stressing over possible gains & loses every day.

Wow, congratulations on your success so far -- you are doing beautifully!