Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to get back on the horse

im not a troll, im serious about this, Im just looking for ppl that I can truly tell my feelings too and not judge me, it makes me sad about this, but its ok I wont post anymore. I have made one good friend here and we do pm all the time. ill stick with her.

as for posting diff places its only to get answer.

im very sorry to bother u all, I wont do it again.

since I was cleared by the nut and psych and got the call about the paper work being send it for the insurance, I been eating all the time now, I just feel that im ok now so I can eat, I was just told by a sleeve friend that they can delay the surgery date if I gain weigh. I was told not to lose or gain to stay the same, and all I do is eat, I was going every two wks to see my nut and psych and now I feel I don't have to see them so its ok to eat.

omg I need help I need to get back on track im freaking out that I gained weigh, im going tomorrow to see if I can weigh in and find out. im so sad, upset, angry at myself.

as I posted before about meds, and Vitamins, I stop thinking of those and now this is the new issue.

I wake up and say ima have a shake, I do sometime but then ill eat and spend the whole day eating. all I drink is diet soda all day long, I don't even drink Water like I was doing, oh why im I doing this, I cant stop

:(

Update:

Im still sitting on the floor haven't been able to get back up. I reread post, guide book, sit and think about it and still no luck, I stil cant get back on the horse.

I have an appt the 27th with my nut and I have gained four lbs, I need to lose them b4 I go c her.

every morning and night I keep saying im starting over again, no more junk food, fast food, soda, but it don't happen idk why.

I need some willpower some pushing, any help, tips, advice.

thanks

Edited by nancy264

since august I been doing three shakes and a meal, then two days b4 the surgery date its only liquids. but I started eating and cant stop. I mite do one shake and then start eating, why do I feel like im ok everything is in order and now I can eat, im so upset with myself and sad.

U may feel anxious".and if I was anxious post op..I turned to food. Of course I did not have yo a pre op diet ..but I did end up losing 10 pounds pre op. Try to keep yourself busy ..idle time is not good for people like us who uses food emotionally. It may be that u r having your last blow out with food..thinking that u will not enjoy food again. But u will enjoy food post op..just in more healthier way. Forget about the past days and concentrate on what u will be like once u have the sleeve. New found energy leaner body, healthier and probably more happy with yourself.. U can do it..yes u can.

It might be useful (as nuts as it sounds) to clear out your kitchen. Dump all the "slider foods" that tempt you. No chips, Cookies, ice cream, whatever it is that you are craving right now. If you live with others, ask for their help. You are resorting to what we all have done during times of stress and anxiety. I, too was very worried pre-op that I would gain weight.

Would you consider talking to your NUT or Psychologist about this? I guess it's possible it might delay the surgery a bit, but it will mean you are being real with yourself and real about this surgery. You can do this, but we all have psychological hurdles to tackle, most of which deal with self-medicating with food.

Good luck!

im going tomorrow and ask if I can weigh in and c if I can see my nut again, even thou she said im cleared and don't have to see her till after two wks after surgery something like that she told me. at this moment I don't think I want to do this, I don't think I can do it. since august I been on the program and not waiting for the surgery date. but not sure about all of this. what if I cant follow the plan what if I get saggy skin to the knees oh my I cant live like that,

but what if I get to get off over 30 meds and just have to take like about 8 Vitamins, wow that will be great. but im scare that I cant follow the plan for after,

I don't know im just freaking out. I have reread my guide book, read post on two sites and I b feeling this is the best for me but then a second later I feel I cant do it.

oh my Idk what to do

Im still sitting on the floor haven't been able to get back up. I reread post, guide book, sit and think about it and still no luck, I stil cant get back on the horse.

I have an appt the 27th with my nut and I have gained four lbs, I need to lose them b4 I go c her.

every morning and night I keep saying im starting over again, no more junk food, fast food, soda, but it don't happen idk why.

I need some willpower some pushing, any help, tips, advice.

thanks

You are not ready for this surgery. Either that or you are a troll.

This person is obviously reaching out for help, which I'm sure at some point you have done. And while I agree op may not be ready for vsg I believe insults and name calling are unnecessary. We're here to support each other, not make each other feel worse than they already do.

This person is obviously reaching out for help, which I'm sure at some point you have done. And while I agree op may not be ready for vsg I believe insults and name calling are unnecessary. We're here to support each other, not make each other feel worse than they already do.

Seela, do you know what a troll is online? This person has been posting the same thing over and over again in multiple threads. She is not reaching out for help. She is trolling.

Seela, do you know what a troll is online? This person has been posting the same thing over and over again in multiple threads. She is not reaching out for help. She is trolling.

I had no idea...lol. oops

im not a troll, im serious about this, Im just looking for ppl that I can truly tell my feelings too and not judge me, it makes me sad about this, but its ok I wont post anymore. I have made one good friend here and we do pm all the time. ill stick with her.

as for posting diff places its only to get answer.

im very sorry to bother u all, I wont do it again.

Ok. You are not a troll then. You are here for advice. Here is my advice to you. Seriously reconsider this surgery. It is HARD work. It does not magically take away ANY of the cravings. You have to be in control. If you are not able to control yourself now with one of your surgeon's pre-op rules - quit diet soda - it is going to be really difficult for you after the surgery.

All the surgery does is give you a smaller capacity when you eat dense Protein. It is very easy to "trick" the sleeve and eat high calorie slider foods and drinks.

I have lost 97 pounds in a little over 8 months. I have 6 pounds until goal. I am talking from experience.

With that said, I hope you are able to be successful if you have the surgery. It can be a wonderful TOOL in a life style change toward better health.

I was cleared for surgery- and couldn't stop eating. My

Sat Dr visit, the doc said if I show up for surgery and have gained a pound- he would refuse my surgery. That scared me, so the last 10 days before I got a little more serious. I really did have a food funeral. I also knew once I had surgery, that it isn't an option. I would have to do clear liquids- and if I didn't, I would risk damaging the sleeve- and possibly death. There is no option to cheat!! I thought maybe I was not ready- but I was. I'm about two weeks out and had a couple of bad days missing food- but decided there is no choice involved, it is what it is for a few more days, and I'm down 20 lbs so there are results

I stay busy- no sitting around. Since I'm off work another week I've planned on cleaning out a room a day at home. One huge box for Goodwill that I throw stuff in as I go. I've gone to the outlet mall and walked and window shopped ( checking out new places I may be able to buy clothes soon) I've made a chart of "flowers" with a center circle and 9 petals. Each petal is a pound and the center to the 10 lb marker. My first goal is 80 lbs., charts can keep you motivated, it is visual- and I keep it posted on my fridge. Ultimately staying busy helps, and coming to terms that it is what it is for now- no food is temporary, and that food made me unhappy and unhealthy anyway!

I wouldn't write off the surgery and say you aren't ready. I was like you and thought I wasn't ready- but after surgery you realize it is life and death- meaning there is no option to cheat. The first 2 months may be the hardest of my life- but I'll get thru it!

I say go for it, and deal with it- we are all stronger than we realize.

In my experience. .. I inexplicably got pissed off the second I was approved. I ate everything I could and drank enough diet Pepsi to keep the company going for a few more years. I went cold turkey and perfect at midnight on the day of my pre op and I haven't looked back. It was really hard but I did it anyway. I was sleeved 10/21 and since pre op I've lost 59.6 lbs. Soda is something that I will NEVER have again. I can't. Just one sip and it's over.