Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Changed my Life - For the Better

I am so happy that I had the surgery. My maximum weight was 302 pounds. My goal was to get to 220 pounds. I would have been ok if I got to 230 pounds. My weight as of this post is, are you ready for this number, 197 pounds. thats right, I am under 200 pounds. I was 51 years old when I had VSG surgery. I was a yoyo my whole life with weight loss and gain. I never imagined that I could be under 200 pounds after age 50 but it happened because I had the VSG. To all you people out there who struggle with weight or have road blocks in your way to getting the VSG, push hard through the road blocks to get what you need. I had to change primary care twice because they were against me having this surgery. It was the third doctor that was educated enough to see were this surgery would help change my life for the better. I no longer snore. I sleep a sound and refreshing sleep all night. My blood pressure has DROPPED 20 points. My low number on my blood pressure was 84 pre surgery. Thats considered pre high blood pressure. Now it's a normal 64. I have ENERGY like I had when I was 30 years old. I look 15 years younger. And so boot, I have no excess skin issues. I had the surgery on 11/27/12 at Griffin Hospital in Derby CT. I would recommend Griffin Hospital to anyone in the Connecticut area. Very nice staff and experience. If you need this surgery, GO GET IT !!!

I love your energy that is exuded in your post. Newcomers will surely enjoy reading your success and how the sleeve can bring u to a place of healthiness and positiveness ..of course not to mention your appearance . I know what u mean by looking younger. I, too, look 10 years younger since I have lost 36 pounds so far. Congrats.. And thanks for your post.

I am so happy that I had the surgery. My maximum weight was 302 pounds. My goal was to get to 220 pounds. I would have been ok if I got to 230 pounds. My weight as of this post is, are you ready for this number, 197 pounds. thats right, I am under 200 pounds. I was 51 years old when I had VSG surgery. I was a yoyo my whole life with weight loss and gain. I never imagined that I could be under 200 pounds after age 50 but it happened because I had the VSG. To all you people out there who struggle with weight or have road blocks in your way to getting the VSG, push hard through the road blocks to get what you need. I had to change primary care twice because they were against me having this surgery. It was the third doctor that was educated enough to see were this surgery would help change my life for the better. I no longer snore. I sleep a sound and refreshing sleep all night. My blood pressure has DROPPED 20 points. My low number on my blood pressure was 84 pre surgery. Thats considered pre high blood pressure. Now it's a normal 64. I have ENERGY like I had when I was 30 years old. I look 15 years younger. And so boot, I have no excess skin issues. I had the surgery on 11/27/12 at Griffin Hospital in Derby CT. I would recommend Griffin Hospital to anyone in the Connecticut area. Very nice staff and experience. If you need this surgery, GO GET IT !!!

Thanks so much for this post. It is good therapy for my pre-surgery jitters. Its so nice to hear that about the dreams of others coming true and that you are living healthy and happy. My GP was all for my surgery and am thankful for her support. Have you ever thought about going to your former GPs to show them what they tried to prevent? They were making decisions out of ignorance and that is a shame for someone in the medical community. Thanks again for the encouragement.

<p>I am so happy that I had the surgery. My maximum weight was 302 pounds. My goal was to get to 220 pounds. I would have been ok if I got to 230 pounds. My weight as of this post is, are you ready for this number, 197 pounds. thats right, I am under 200 pounds. I was 51 years old when I had VSG surgery. I was a yoyo my whole life with weight loss and gain. I never imagined that I could be under 200 pounds after age 50 but it happened because I had the VSG. To all you people out there who struggle with weight or have road blocks in your way to getting the VSG, push hard through the road blocks to get what you need. I had to change primary care twice because they were against me having this surgery. It was the third doctor that was educated enough to see were this surgery would help change my life for the better. I no longer snore. I sleep a sound and refreshing sleep all night. My blood pressure has DROPPED 20 points. My low number on my blood pressure was 84 pre surgery. Thats considered pre high blood pressure. Now it's a normal 64. I have ENERGY like I had when I was 30 years old. I look 15 years younger. And so boot, I have no excess skin issues. I had the surgery on 11/27/12 at Griffin Hospital in Derby CT. I would recommend Griffin Hospital to anyone in the Connecticut area. Very nice staff and experience. If you need this surgery, GO GET IT !!!</p>