Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couple of food and timeframe questions

I ate some pistachios today. I chewed them up to a paste and tired myself out chewing so much so I ate no more than a tablespoon or so shelled. That and a Protein shake was my lunch.

i can eat anything that does not have a lot of sugar.. Im basically at goal weight and trying to slow down my weight loss.. i added in 1 300 calorie meal.. The only think so far that has not agreed with me is a dd hot cocoa. i had no idea how much sugar was in it and it killed me.

Chris

Wait, we can't have artichokes? I love those. I thought they were healthy if steamed? Now I'm curious ....

Of course, I'm only 15 days post-op so no where near anything like that (beef, olives, etc...). I still have 4 more days of cream of wheat, mashed potatoes, creamy Soups type thing before my next phase...

Wait, we can't have artichokes? I love those. I thought they were healthy if steamed? Now I'm curious ....

Of course, I'm only 15 days post-op so no where near anything like that (beef, olives, etc...). I still have 4 more days of cream of wheat, mashed potatoes, creamy soups type thing before my next phase...

Artichokes are somewhat fibrous which can be an issue.

Agree with above, but for me I was on full liquids 2 weeks then mushy foods 6 weeks. At 8 weeks out I was released to eat "regular food" that being said they mean normal healthy food! I am not to have bread, Pasta or rice for a year! I can eat a small amount of potato. Have I had a chip yup, but for me it's not worth it! I even tried ice cream(which I'm not really a sweets person) I felt fine after a few small bites but my head stopped me and said "why?" Just because I can now doesn't mean I should! I paid cash for this surgery, so I suppose I am really vested in giving it my best! My advice while it's hard to refrain from those yummy treats, do bc it's so easy to grab a handful next time :( From my perspective olives are ok say on a salad but not as a snack(I could eat a mountain of them) but in the big picture they can come back as well as other things in moderation! I'd keep your list and bring it to your next visit! Best of luck, it's so worth it, tho I'm only 10 weeks out I am so thankful I have my sleeve! Edit: as for the salad I had to wait to 8 weeks and that with BRISKET was first meal in 10 weeks how funny those were two of your choices! I didn't touch on all your questions but at some point you will be released to all foods and then it's up to you to decide what is worthy enough to fit in your tiny sleeve! Just for fun here's a pic of the "Smokin' Salad" my hubby and I "shared" when I got released! I couldn't even finish all my veggies but man it was so fresh and so yum! Had it again tonight actually!

I know I really need to refocus on the things that are healthy ....I really am trying to educate myself on vegan lifestyle ...vegetarian living.... finding healthy ways to prepare you know seafood and fish and chicken and turkey .....I love all of those things.... but sometimes I still miss some of the old stuff too .....so you're right it's not worth it ....I'm in my honeymoon .....I'm just now starting to feel better so I absolutely don't want to blow it ....

Shel

Dunno why the pics wouldn't load

That looks like heaven....had to do s screen capture...hope thats ok :-)

Shelby

Wait, we can't have artichokes? I love those. I thought they were healthy if steamed? Now I'm curious .... Of course, I'm only 15 days post-op so no where near anything like that (beef, olives, etc...). I still have 4 more days of cream of wheat, mashed potatoes, creamy Soups type thing before my next phase...

You are too cute.....i don't know about the artichokes either...lol

Shelby

I ate some pistachios today. I chewed them up to a paste and tired myself out chewing so much so I ate no more than a tablespoon or so shelled. That and a Protein shake was my lunch.

Really...and no problems? Good to know....we are both 12/17 sleevers....

Im afraid to open the door with nuts.....PROBLEM...lol

Shel

i can eat anything that does not have a lot of sugar.. Im basically at goal weight and trying to slow down my weight loss.. i added in 1 300 calorie meal.. The only think so far that has not agreed with me is a dd hot cocoa. i had no idea how much sugar was in it and it killed me. Chris

Yes Chris....i was addicted to sugar pre sleeve....i dont tolerate it or even attempt to mess with it....everything is SF for me snd is perfect.

I know what you mean.

Shel

That looks like heaven....had to do s screen capture...hope thats ok :-)

Shelby

Go right ahead, I didn't make it haha! I'm still amazed how how little I eat, tho I feel like even in the two weeks of being on regular food my tummy has stretched a tiny bit, or maybe just healing along nicely...I am still within my guidelines, but this terrifies me! A bit if fear isn't such a bad thing tho ;)

I am 5 weeks out. Have been cleared for pureed/soft foods, and I don't really eat a lot. I am down 43lbs since surgery and am losing about 1lb a day. Daily Ill eat 1-2 yogurts, a couple of bites of cottage cheese and maybe a piece of lunch meat. Ill have some hummus or a pickle from time to time as well Not a lot. Im supposed to get in about 60-70 grams of Protein in a day, but I am only getting about 30-40. Doctor isn't worried about the Protein, the key is fluids!! Water and fluids help break down the fat and that's what I most important at this stage!

Dunno why the pics wouldn't load

How far out are you? Just wondering when I will see food like that again. I'm on day 3 of liquids. Lol.

I am 5 weeks out. Have been cleared for pureed/soft foods, and I don't really eat a lot. I am down 43lbs since surgery and am losing about 1lb a day. Daily Ill eat 1-2 yogurts, a couple of bites of cottage cheese and maybe a piece of lunch meat. Ill have some hummus or a pickle from time to time as well Not a lot. Im supposed to get in about 60-70 grams of Protein in a day, but I am only getting about 30-40. Doctor isn't worried about the Protein, the key is fluids!! Water and fluids help break down the fat and that's what I most important at this stage!

We are in a similar place...im 5 weeks i think and down 39 lbs.....in a stall now, but thats ok :-)

Shel

How far out are you? Just wondering when I will see food like that again. I'm on day 3 of liquids. Lol.

Im 5 weeks i think...headed to six???? I was sleeved on 12/17/13... :-)

Shel

I just tried steel cut oatmeal and Sleevie Ray says "do not like!" Sheesh, I couldn't get down more than 3-4 bites before I felt pukey.

I just tried steel cut oatmeal and Sleevie Ray says "do not like!" Sheesh, I couldn't get down more than 3-4 bites before I felt pukey.

I couldn't eat oatmeal till I was more than a year out. I enjoy it now. I mix 1/4 cup quick cook oats with 3/4 cup Water and cook 2 minutes.

Lynda