Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Headaches and pre-op diet

Anyone else experiencing awful headaches on your liquid diet? It's killing me not being able to take any Tylenol and I am plenty hydrated so I do think Water will make it go away.

I was having headaches when i was weaning myself off caffeine! By the time I got to the pre-op diet I was doing ok. Are you getting enough Water? Dehydration can lead to headaches. I hope it gets better for you! Good luck with your surgery!!

Definitely not dehydrated and I don't drink enough caffeine to cause withdrawal headaches. It's keeping me up tonight. I don't normally get headaches.

You're detoxing from caffein/carbs/sugar. Give it a few days. It will get better :)

Why aren't you able to take Tylenol? I was told by my practice that it was the only allowable painkiller in the four weeks prior to surgery. I had to avoid NSAID's due to blood thinning but was encouraged to use Tylenol. Not saying that your practice is wrong and mine is right, but I've seen other people here say the same thing.

Looking back, I believe it was due to dehydration, and when I was at the hospital I was dehydrated. (I did not think I was dehydrated, like you). After surgery 2 months, my husband and I goth still get those headaches at times, and I still think it is dehydration. We are stepping up the Water right now. Good luck!

Im not even on the liquid diet yet and i get them! and I never had problems with them before!

Today is day 2 of preop for me and it sucks! On top of the diet they have given antibiotics to get rid of an infection. The combo is hell. I have headaches and gas.

Looking back, I believe it was due to dehydration, and when I was at the hospital I was dehydrated. (I did not think I was dehydrated, like you). After surgery 2 months, my husband and I goth still get those headaches at times, and I still think it is dehydration. We are stepping up the Water right now. Good luck!

I drink 150-200oz of water a day and have added more these past two days due to hunger. Haha.

Today is day 2 of preop for me and it sucks! On top of the diet they have given antibiotics to get rid of an infection. The combo is hell. I have headaches and gas.

I am on antibiotics too! I had the worst stomach stuff going yesterday and emailed my surgeon. He said I could have greek yogurt when I take it. Email your surgeon. I feel so much better today!

Why aren't you able to take Tylenol? I was told by my practice that it was the only allowable painkiller in the four weeks prior to surgery. I had to avoid NSAID's due to blood thinning but was encouraged to use Tylenol. Not saying that your practice is wrong and mine is right, but I've seen other people here say the same thing.

I went back and checked my list of no-no meds and its not on there. Hooray! Thanks for posting!

You're detoxing from caffein/carbs/sugar. Give it a few days. It will get better :)

Yes. I am realizing that. I was definitely hitting those carbs hard the last week. Lol.

Yes. I am realizing that. I was definitely hitting those carbs hard the last week. Lol.

Since you're drinking so much Water you may wanna watch out for leg and foot cramps. It can flush out the potassium in your body. If you get them you can take a potassium supplement along with magnesium. Just a heads up.

Since you're drinking so much Water you may wanna watch out for leg and foot cramps. It can flush out the potassium in your body. If you get them you can take a potassium supplement along with magnesium. Just a heads up.

You're the best. Thanks for the heads up. I have dealt with foot and leg cramps in the past.

You're the best. Thanks for the heads up. I have dealt with foot and leg cramps in the past.

I know when I'm guzzling I get them and they are so awful!!! Especially lying in bed at night omg. Lol