Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok everybody....I am 2 weeks post-op from having my sleeve done and still having a decent amount of pain. Would like to think of myself as having a pretty decent pain tolerance, but I just can't seem to get passed the pain. I have had a lap chole and was up and around later that day and I've even had a cesarean section and managed better than how I am feeling now. I had been taking my hydrocodone with an occasional dose of liquid motrin daily up until 2 days ago when I was finally able to stop taking the pain meds. I have been walking my treadmill and doing my elliptical for the last 3 days cause I thought I was finally starting to get passed the pain, but today I was in tears because of the pain after only walking 10 min. The pain is strictly on my left side of my abdomen and even hurts when I lightly touch my stomach. Today I have been having a little discomfort from drinking fluids as well. Concerned something may be wrong. Has anybody else experienced anything like this? If so any suggestions to get passed this hump? I am so ready to feel like my normal self again!

U r doing the elliptical machine two weeks post op.? U may be putting too much pressure on your stomach. Check with your dr before I proceed with this type of exercise. Get yourself we'll before u do too much. You need to recuperate. Just a suggestion .

<p>Ok everybody....I am 2 weeks post-op from having my sleeve done and still having a decent amount of pain. Would like to think of myself as having a pretty decent pain tolerance, but I just can't seem to get passed the pain. I have had a lap chole and was up and around later that day and I've even had a cesarean section and managed better than how I am feeling now. I had been taking my hydrocodone with an occasional dose of liquid motrin daily up until 2 days ago when I was finally able to stop taking the pain meds. I have been walking my treadmill and doing my elliptical for the last 3 days cause I thought I was finally starting to get passed the pain, but today I was in tears because of the pain after only walking 10 min. The pain is strictly on my left side of my abdomen and even hurts when I lightly touch my stomach. Today I have been having a little discomfort from drinking fluids as well. Concerned something may be wrong. Has anybody else experienced anything like this? If so any suggestions to get passed this hump? I am so ready to feel like my normal self again!</p>

. I too had a c section And I'm / weeks too no pain but I have not started any treadmill or machinery I was told to take it easy for at least 3 weeks to heal properly. Walking on ground is good but bit to overdo it!! Call your doctor

Sounds like you might be doing too much. Your body is still recovering from a big surgery! Maybe stick with walking for now? Good luck

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess maybe I am just doing too much. I really haven't done much at all except for small walking periods until a couple of days ago. But even then I haven't done more than 5min on the elliptical and 10min on the treadmill at a time. I just wanted to get my body used to doing more before I have to go back to work. I am a nurse that works 12 hour shifts and spend pretty much the whole time walking and moving around. (Sometimes nurses are the worst patients, lol) Starting to feel like I might not be ready to go back next week. I guess I will take it back a little and see if that helps and if I continue to have more pain I'll give the Dr. a call tomorrow. Once again, thanks for the suggestions and input.

It should not be this bad. Many people feel ease in general. You should probably consult your surgeon about this. This isn't normal. Have you been given pain relieving meds? And, is it happening since the surgery or movement? If you have discomfort from dringking fluids, then you should go to your surgeon as soon as possible.