Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should have specified steak friendly band

This is a bit of a rant, but I have a joking tone

My fiancé cooked me a wonderful filet mignon last night. He cut the pieces pretty small (smaller than he would but I still have to take bites of it before chewing). Anyways, I've had filet since surgery and all was well. I thought I was in the clear. Well my first fill was this past Friday and I think my band no longer likes steak! Last night it was more well done and it got stuck. He cut me really rare center parts for my lunch leftovers, I'm trying to eat with super tiny bites and chewing it like 30 times and I'm just not feeling well. So I'm stopping with my lunch not even half eaten. While sitting here at my desk I remembered the number of people that can and cannot eat steak. I was just thinking to myself that I should have specified when they asked what brand I preferred maybe I should have specified the steak friendly version. :)

I love steak too- Only two ways I can eat it, I chop it in the food processer and mix it up with baked potato and cheddar cheese. The only other way I can eat beef is if its been cooked in the crock pot with lots of gravy. Can't eat more than 1/2 cup of it, but its enough to satisfie the taste buds

Thanks for the ideas :)

I loved steak but now it's hard for me to tolerate. If I do eat it, I can only eat the tender, medium - rare part. My dog is loving it when I can't eat my meat. I have to be careful though. I don't want her to be the fattest member of the family. lol

I very seldom have steak anymore. Last time I had it I had a nasty stuck episode. Sometimes I find it funny the things that give you problems. Steak and Rice are two major ones that give me a hard time yet they couldn't be any different. Go figure...

I have a hard time with rice too. Since I can't eat too much, I can afford to get the best ground sirloin, and I divide and freeze it into my little servings. When they make burgers, they laugh at my tiny burger, I wrap it up with all the burger fixins in a crispy leaf of lettuce, and eat it like a sandwich!

Like Ground Beef less fat and easier to swallow. Or if you cook steaks on the grill, put your seving in a food processer, I keep a mini chopper close, Its so finely chopped you get the flavor and we always cook veggies on the grill, so I mix it up with that.

Last night we ate out, I wasn't really hungry so I told my husband he should share his French style chicken (breast) with me. I've had it before and remembered how juicy and tender it is. Thankfully, my ten year old ordered STEAK, because I had to excuse myself after a few tiny bites of that chicken.... The steak went down perfectly.

My fiancé is the main cook in the house and he lives to grill steaks. We've now tried different cuts. Certain ones are easier to chew to break down. I'm a texture person. I can't really do the food processing of my meats/meals. I need something to bite into and chew - but with steaks I can't chew too long as that becomes unappetizing as well. I tend to just cut them super small little bites and eat it one little bite at a time.

For easy chewing grilled steak - ribeye is the best choice.