Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back online... lot of changes

Hi everyone, I haven't been able to get online much since surgery. Thought I would say hey and let you know whats going on and see if anyone has suggestions.

Surg was 9/3/13 at 221.... last office visit I am down to 172.2 yeah!! HOWEVER

There are concerns of erosion. I have appt to see dr in the am. I haven't had a fill yet, but I remember the nurse telling me there were 3 cc in band at surgery so I am going to ask to remove a smidge, that is if it doesn't have to come out. I will be completely devastated.

And if I hear one more time "Well, just eat like you still have the band" from people who have no idea what its like. I may kick them i the shins!!

i did want to ask how much do you eat at meals?? i have had 2 c coffee, 1 bottle Water, 1/3 c ham salad (no bread) and 1/2 c of chicken n noodles (more chick than noodle) thats all... since 5;30 am and it's now 11pm. its not that I am full.... my stomach just feels ugh and I am done. Don't want to eat anymore. But, I could kick someone butt for some Dairy Queen right now. Even if I had it, literally 2-3 bites, I'm done.

Just wondering what others think.

Now that i have password,,, you will be seeing me again.

I would say that that isn't a whole lot of food. But if it works for you, then who are we to judge. I do think that you need to drink more than one bottle of Water though.

In a typical day I eat the following:

Breakfast: Protein smoothie (almond milk, Protein powder, 1/2 of a banana, ice)

Lunch: sandwich (100 cal wheat bread, 2 oz of lunch meat, 1 slice cheese)

Dinner: 4 oz chicken, 1/2 cup steamed veggies

9 - 10 cups of Water throughout the day

So, why are they thinking erosion of your band?

I'm actually wondering if you are lapband patient or a sleeve/bypass?

Either way Cagottaband is right you need to be drinking more then 1 bottle of Water if your regarding the regular 16oz bottles of Water.< /p>

I have the Realize band. The 10cc one.

Seen the dr. He deflated my band!! Part of me wanted to cry and part was relieved. I am scheduled for EGD on the 5th.

He thinks there maybe an erosion because in the last month I have had 2 episodes of sudden extreme stomach pain. I am talking worse than kidney stone and Gall bladder attack at the same time. Both episodes were I went to bed fine... Tossed n turned, couldn't get comfortable....at that time nothing hurt....(last night I had a headache and got up to take Tylenol... Liquid) The pain just hit. No rhyme or reason, not food related...

Two CT scans show nothing and other than slightly dehydrated... Labs normal.

He is scratching his head and I am pulling my hair out!

I have the Realize band. The 10cc one.

Seen the dr. He deflated my band!! Part of me wanted to cry and part was relieved. I am scheduled for EGD on the 5th.

He thinks there maybe an erosion because in the last month I have had 2 episodes of sudden extreme stomach pain. I am talking worse than kidney stone and Gall bladder attack at the same time. Both episodes were I went to bed fine... Tossed n turned, couldn't get comfortable....at that time nothing hurt....(last night I had a headache and got up to take Tylenol... Liquid) The pain just hit. No rhyme or reason, not food related...

Two CT scans show nothing and other than slightly dehydrated... Labs normal.

He is scratching his head and I am pulling my hair out!

Sorry your having a rough time. Good luck and hope all goes well. Please keep us posted.