Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you need plastic surgery?

With exercise, did you require additional surgery to remove excess skin?

If you search, you will find many threads on this very topic. That being said, I do want to reiterate what many have already vouched--via their own experience. If you are young, without children, and towards the bottom of the obese chart, you have the greatest chance of not having any excess left over skin. Your youth equals greater elasticity, lack of motherhood yields less over stretching of the skin, and numbers towards the bottom of the obesity chart means that your skin hasn't been stretched too much or too long (if you're young), for too many decades.

It's BS to think you won't have loose skin. I'm in my 20's, never had children, workout like crazy, stay hydrated, exfoliate and moisturize my skin.. Blah blah blah...

I'm am very much looking forward to my plastics to fix my saggy skin and floppy boobs. I have a few more lbs to lose before then. This isn't something you can always avoid. I wish ppl (especially those who haven't had sx) wouldn't say, "oh you won't have loose skin bc you're young... Or workout... Or take care of yourself... Or don't have kids..." If only they'd see this body without clothes! LOL

Thanks... Not sure how to search on my phone.. Hmmm sorry for asking it again :/

The other thing is, how bothered will you be by the skin? I am young, was only obese for about 9 years, never had kids, and am exercising now, I have it. It's funny how your loose skin (like my obesity) crept up on me, and really I don't think I mind it half as much as I imagined I would. I'd like to ahve perkier girls (who wouldn't?!), but the flabby 'bat wing' arms arent' really noticable unless I'm flapping my arms around in a sleeveless shirt, the saggy thighs aren't so bad, my thighs always touched before, and I never wore anything but capris, I'm not planning on wearing daisy dukes, and my deflated belly is sad, but the saddest is my belly button. In the end, who see's my belly button? My animals and my husband. I'm reminded of the skin every now and then, I was trying on a cute top the other day, it had a sheer panel that hit JUST where my belly button is, you could see it's sad frowny concaveness through the sheer. I giggled as I imagined putting a bandaide (more like duct tape!) over it to hide it in the trendy top ;) some people say wraps work, but really they just dehydrate the skin, and it comes back, they say to wait a full 2 years after you're at goal and maintaining before plastics as some of it will improve with time, and I think it does. If you feel you need and want plastics, do it!! Try everything to avoid loose skin! Some things might help! I haven't found it though, but what's the harm in trying?! Bottom line though, don't worry about it!! No one will know unless you're naked, and spanxs are awesome! Focus on the loss, not the loose skin!!

So tired of seeing if your young and exercise you won't have loose skin you have to realize if you lose a lot if weight the skin isn't just going to bounce back I was at 400 now I'm at 179 4 months post opt from a TT and I still have loose skin

Didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I didn't elaborate more. I meant if your younger you have a better chance, but genetics and size have a lot to do with it also. In my support group, I've met several younger folks in their 20's, some in their 30's (more men than women) that don't need plastics because of their genetics, youth, or they were at the bottom of the obesity chart. There are folks on here too that have abs and no plastics, but they are few and far in between the majority of us. I always had that "stretchy" skin, even as a youth. Get it from my father. My brother has it too. I'd probably still have to get plastics even if I didn't have my 4 kids. I plan on getting plastics once my weight has stabilized. My advice would be: (mentally) prepare yourself for the worst, hope for the best...that way you're not disappointed. I prepared myself ahead of time that I'd most likely have it and I wasn't devastated when that belly skin started to sag. The good thing--for me personally--is that you can't even tell with clothes on. Good luck to you all.

Edited by Curvy

Thanks... Not sure how to search on my phone.. Hmmm sorry for asking it again :/

I didn't mean it that way dressie. Sorry if I came off rude. I was just trying to push the fact that if you searched you could find several threads with people's commentary to help in your Quest for information. As far as searching, go to the "more" button on the bottom, far right. Good luck to you.