Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mexico need follow-up

Hi

I'm new to the board. My wife and I are going the first week of OCT to Monterrey Mexico for the Lap Band. Just wondering Where we can get follow-up care In west surbs of chicago. We are cash pay our Insurance is a joke. Pray for us we have lost over 100lbs on low carb, stopped lossing a year ago and have 100 each more to loss. We planned on have gastric by-pass but could not afford it. The lap band in mexico is our only affordable hope and thats still alot for two.

Frank

Best of luck to you and your wife on a successful band journey! Look forward to hearing about your adventure. Have you tried looking on the Inamed website for American followup drs.? After you get a name, please check with the followup dr. direct BEFORE your banding. Some people find out a different story once they are banded by someone else (whether stateside or abroad).:D

Originally posted by Frank

Hi

I'm new to the board. My wife and I are going the first week of OCT to Monterrey Mexico for the Lap Band. Just wondering Where we can get follow-up care In west surbs of chicago. We are cash pay our Insurance is a joke. Pray for us we have lost over 100lbs on low carb, stopped lossing a year ago and have 100 each more to loss. We planned on have gastric by-pass but could not afford it. The lap band in mexico is our only affordable hope and thats still alot for two.

Frank

You might try www.inamed.com for a doctor locator. There are also Yahoo Groups in your area for bandsters who might be able to help you.

Please, whatever you do, make sure you have a follow up doc lined up and confirmed before you have surgery. Many people are experiencing no follow up/emergency care after being banded.

Good luck to you!

http://www.lap-band.com/

Click on Surgeon locator at the top of the page

This is the Inamed site for you to locate a surgeon that could possibly do follow up care in your area. A bit of good advice..make sure you have follow up care arranged before surgery. Alot of surgoens will not take on Mexican patientsfor follow up. I have seen this happen many times

Good Luck to you and your wife

In the yahoo group mexicanbandsters someone posted a thread of USA fill doc's by state, There were a few for IL and a few for IN. I wish I'd printed that thread, but I'm sure you could find it if you did a search. Some USA docs charge such an inflated charge to fill another doc's patient's that it can actually be cheaper to fly back to mexico for aftercare, which is my plan.

Good Luck!

This is a good plan as long as there is no emergency. :mad: It sure worries me when people have no local care in the event of an emergency. Things can and do happen with the bands. An hour sometimes can make the difference in saving your band or not. :D