Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my LB in March and was able to drop 50 lbs. But for the last 3-4 months I've been holding steady. I have 70 lbs to go and I'm beginning to feel discouraged. I have good restriction on my band and am careful to stay away from foods I shouldn't eat. My husband had LB surgery in April and is steadily loosing am average of 1 lb per week. Any suggestions?

First of all, congratulations on losing 50 pounds. That is impressive. After we lose weight, our bodies have to adjust as to what the heck is going on. Ergo a plateau. They happen periodically on the weight loss journey. So this is not your first and probably will not be your last. I'm not sure about your exercise regime, but you may want to change it up, start, or stop it altogether for a day or two. Or bodies do need a break and rest. You may also need to change what foods you eat and when you eat them. These were small changes that I made to get out of my plateaus. I hope this helps. Continued success for you and your husband.

Hi Dmoore,

I think the real trick to making to band work is picking foods that work with the band, i.e. pick something that will stay there long enough to make you feel full without plugging you up completely. If you're getting hungry again in less than a few hours, it might be worth either eating something a bit more solid or getting a bit more restriction (I ended up needing a LOT of restriction. I'm at almost 9 out of 12)

Right now, after a meal, I don't get real hunger cravings for at least 4 hours. I still keep the Protein shakes handy for my between meal Snacks. I guessing I'm at just under 900 calories a day right now but I don't feel the least bit hungry.

Patience wins in this journey. I had no weight loss for a year then all of a sudden it started going again. Try to limit your carbs to vegetables and no fruit. Protein and vegetables will do the trick.

Hey, I'm no expert, but I'm just asking...... Have you tried to change things in your exercise routine..... For example, if you walk or run or ride a bike or do the elliptical..... Maybe you could do some days of HIIT's (High Intensity Interval Training). Or maybe you could do inclines or higher resistance some days. Just shake things up a little!

Can you list the foods you eat and how many calories a day you consume?

Do you exercise and what kind of exercise?

What tmf said! Are you exercising? What works for hubby might not work for you. What does the surgeon's office say? are they suggesting anything? But, as cheryl said, sometimes the weight stops and then restarts by itself. Just keep on doing what has worked so far. Best wishes, Karen..aka..kll724

Congratulations on all you lapbander with your weight loss! I have had several scale stalls in my 17 months and 60 pounds down. I find that if I look at my"food plan" or journal and 'find" anything that I have let back into my food choices??? Next- I increase my exercise and lower my intake of calories for one week and that usually does it.

Edited by Annette Corrado

Congrats on what you've lost already. I've been at a plateau for the past 6 months, no matter what I did. Even with extra fills. My latest one apparently did the trick and I dropped 15 pounds within the last month. I'd suggest switching up your meal plans or even your work outs, if you have one!