Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sometimes I wish I was alone.

I am a single mother of three 8 (diabetic) 5 and 4 yr olds. So I am the one who prepares their food and I am 4 days into my pre-op diet and it is becoming extremely hard to maintain this liquid diet. I am on a very strict diet 4 Protein shakes and SF Jello and ice pops. So me and the kids came to their great grandmother house, I thought it would be easier for me because I would not have to prepare their meals but in fact it is still hard because everyone is eating and I think their great grandmother is fixing all of my favorites to stir me away from the surgery... ughh I need help because I feel like I am going to eat something uggh I want some grilled chicken or baked fish.

4 days in my 14 day pre-op diet I started a day early so technically 15 day pre-op diet.

Edited by want2besleeved87

This is easy for me to say because I'm single with no children, but PLEASE TRY TO HANG IN THERE honey. I don't know you, but reading what you wrote it's like I could "hear" the frustration and sadness in my head because we've all been there. I should be getting approved any day now and the pre-op diet actually frightens me, but I think distraction is the key. Keep yourself busy with the kids, watch some movies (I'll give you my Netflix login if you want it), do some window shopping online (for the new figure you're soon going to have), do anything to keep busy and the time will fly. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

It is very hard - I left the cooking up to my husband once we returned from having surgery.

It was pizza, fried chicken from the deli, chili, etc. All those things I loved before surgery. My rational brain told me that he was trying to get by the same as I was, but it sucked.

It will get easier - once your brain realizes that all your old favorites aren't your new favorites, it will get easier. Once you start introducing food, it will get easier.

Please just be patient - not only with your family, but with yourself. It will get better. Stick to your plan - that's important - it will allow you to heal and move to the next stage on time.

Take good care.

Want2besleeved87

This is the time when you can finally have time to explore some things you didn't have time for like reading,crochet,or exploring some other things that interest you as your transforming. This forum is great support and spending time reading here is a great way of using that extra time. You can do this.!

Want2besleeved... I know how you feel, I am on my pre-op diet too. It is very difficult but we can do this. I got some SF popsicles and sf Jello to help me along. they are zero calories and are in the liquid diet so they do help and satisfy me just a bit. YOU CAN DO THIS, be strong. Good luck and let me know if you need some encouragement. I'm here for you.

Please hang in there you can do this we are here for you, is your family supportive. Sometimes people who are no thing through this do not understand how we feel, this is. Everyday struggle but please try and stay focus on one day at a time and not the one or two weeks you may have to do this we re here for you.

This is easy for me to say because I'm single with no children, but PLEASE TRY TO HANG IN THERE honey. I don't know you, but reading what you wrote it's like I could "hear" the frustration and sadness in my head because we've all been there. I should be getting approved any day now and the pre-op diet actually frightens me, but I think distraction is the key. Keep yourself busy with the kids, watch some movies (I'll give you my Netflix login if you want it), do some window shopping online (for the new figure you're soon going to have), do anything to keep busy and the time will fly. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

Thank you for the support. It was getting easy but then i just wanted a peice of chicken, i stopped eating fried foods back in 2006. I just want.something to chew on lol. I am also a full time student so plenty of reading *Philosophy and *Cultural Anthropology i just want chicken or fish and i didnt do a food funeral because i know I will be.able to eat my foods again but i am starting to wish I did.

I am trying to stay strong guys but this is becoming very difficult. I am not craving bad foods but healthy foods like a salad or some fish. My diet is basically all liquids so i want food.< /p>

Dear want2besleeved87,

Can you you accept that this is a hard thing you have to do -- and that you have to do it anyway?

Are you able to get out of the house, even for 10 minutes and walk, even slowly, to release the tension that you're building up for yourself?

Are you able to make a list of 10 reasons why you have chosen the VSG path and why you want it so badly?

Can you fantasize for 10 seconds about what your life after you've reached your weight goals could be like?

Could you list 10 benefits to your three children of YOU becoming healthy?

Can you breathe deeply, in and out, to reduce your anxiety?

Good luck to you. You CAN do this. :)

Ann

Eat a stick of celery. It has virtually no calories, is mainly Water and it will give you the crunch you desire. If you're hanging for flavour, sprinkle a tiny amount of salt or stock cube on it.

i will in no way condone you risking your pre-diet success with eating 'off plan' and as you're on a liquid diet, your surgeon clearly thinks you need to be.

However, if you're going out of your head - there are worse things for you to eat than a stick of plain celery.

You have one week to go before the big day (according to your ticker). Don't for the love of god, ruin your chances now. You've come so far. Head down, grit your teeth and tackle this beast.

The question on the table is - A moment of weakness which could ruin your chances? Or a mere week and a bits worth of further dedication for a lifetime of success?

I know which one I'd choose... Hang in there, honey :)

I am trying to stay strong guys but this is becoming very difficult. I am not craving bad foods but healthy foods like a salad or some fish. My diet is basically all liquids so i want food.

Green tea saved me - copious amounts of green tea during the pre-op diet.

So i decided to eat about 4 SF popsicles and now its almost dinner time so a Protein Shake a some SF Jello and maybe some more popsicles i have been chuggin down Water when i feel the urge to eat but that is wearing off... I will stay strong because I have literally fought for this and will not ruin this for no oneor any urge or addiction

4 days in my 14 day pre-op diet I started a day early so technically 15 day pre-op diet.

I start my 14 days on Monday. I had lapband in 2008 and by day 4 of that pre op diet I was cussing everyone out lol

You can do this. You have to stick with the preop diet. You are having SURGERY. Remember, the doctor gives strict orders on the pre op diet for your own good.