Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone!

I have been checking this site out for a while. It's great! Everyone seems so friendly. And wow, you all are doing so well. Anyway, my story is the same as any other. Been overweight since I was 9 and well, I have tried many different diets from a-z. I am just not comfortable with this body anymore and I am tired of not being about to buy really cheap cute clothes. Have you ever noticed, I am sure you have, that when you have to buy plus size clothing, they tack on an extra $2-5. Thats insane.

Well, here is the kicker in all of this...I actually started this process about 2-3 years ago, my brain is kinda foggy, don't remember for sure. I was going to gave the Gastric Bypass done, but the night before surgery, I chickened out. Something just didn't seem right. Maybe it was God telling me something, but never the less, I listened. So presently, I am starting this process over. I have not seen the doc I have chosen yet, but he was my chosen doc when I was going to have the bypass... He is doc Jorge Rincon from San Antonio, Texas. I like him, he tells it like it is. I will probably be seeing him in May and since I am self-pay, I should be able to have the surgery in May as well.

In a nut shell, thats it. I am currently about 240 lbs. give or take a few and, 5'6" tall. I would like to set my goal weight at 140. I am excited to get started and can't wait.

Hello fellow Texas, I am from the Dallas area. I was scheduled for the duodenal switch four years ago and chickened out. I was self pay too, had my lap surgery four weeks ago by Dr. Wade Barker. I've lost 10lbs so far and need to schedule a fill to get this weight loss moving. Good Luck!

Hello everyone!

I have been checking this site out for a while. It's great! Everyone seems so friendly. And wow, you all are doing so well. Anyway, my story is the same as any other. Been overweight since I was 9 and well, I have tried many different diets from a-z. I am just not comfortable with this body anymore and I am tired of not being about to buy really cheap cute clothes. Have you ever noticed, I am sure you have, that when you have to buy plus size clothing, they tack on an extra $2-5. Thats insane.

Well, here is the kicker in all of this...I actually started this process about 2-3 years ago, my brain is kinda foggy, don't remember for sure. I was going to gave the Gastric Bypass done, but the night before surgery, I chickened out. Something just didn't seem right. Maybe it was God telling me something, but never the less, I listened. So presently, I am starting this process over. I have not seen the doc I have chosen yet, but he was my chosen doc when I was going to have the bypass... He is doc Jorge Rincon from San Antonio, Texas. I like him, he tells it like it is. I will probably be seeing him in May and since I am self-pay, I should be able to have the surgery in May as well.

In a nut shell, thats it. I am currently about 240 lbs. give or take a few and, 5'6" tall. I would like to set my goal weight at 140. I am excited to get started and can't wait.

Hello RDBiles-

Good for you taking that step. Glad to hear everything is moving in your favor. Let me know how your fill goes. I am interested in how people handle the first month of surgery. Before long, you will be at goal. I cannot wait to get everything moving myself. I am really looking forward to onederland.

Welcome Mannamay...

Congrats on making the decision for Lapband...Best wishes on getting a may date...keep us posted on your progress.

:P becky

Thanks everyone for the replies. You all are so awesome. Yes, I will keep everyone informed of that date. I still have another month before the consult, but for personal reasons, I have to wait, but still very excited.

hi mannamay,

i am from Katy, TX and am having my surgery tomorrow.

i identify with alot of the things you are saying...about buying clothes in normal shops.

anyway i'm having my surgery with dr spivak....in houston

good luck on your journey

joanne

I'm not from Texas by my parents and brothers live in the Dallas area and I enjoy visiting!

Welcome!

Thanks again everyone. I am sure I will not regrert it or t least I hope not..lol. I am sure all will go well. Oh, and Josie, good luck tomorrow on your surgery. Be sure to let us know ( I am sure you will) about how it went and the whole recovery thing. Thats what has me a little nervous. How well will I be able to get moving around afterwords. And for a kinda stupid question, but persoanl at the same time, how long do you have to wait until you have sex? My hubby was wanting to know. Well, if anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks.

Take care everyone, you all are doing great!

As soon as you feel like it I was told. Positioning is the big thing, don't put stress on your incisions....your port incision will be especially sore. I would say not more than a week or so without anyway. Wasn't a long time, not a biggie!!

Kat

Howdy from Houston! My hubby and I are in the pre-insurance approval phase, so it will be some time and million questions before our turn is up.

Welcome to the boards and I look forward to sharing info with a fellow Texan!

Go Astros!

Thanks Kat for the reply. That is good to know and I will tell him. He will be happy (Grin). Dustmouse, I wish you good luck on your insurance approval. I really hope you get it. Let us know. :)

Howdy, Amanda!

Lots of Texans round these parts!

Congrats on chickening out! I think the band is a MUCH better option.

I can relate to the clothes thing, too. I had pretty much maxed out on size at the fattest fat lady stores... and let's not talk about the expense.

Sheesh!

I am glad I didn't have to move up to having my clothes made for me!

Hugs and Good Luck!

Welcome from a fellow Texan. Good luck with your band!