Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting to feel some slight depression....(Pity Party)

I'm SO GLAD I came across this thread. I've been feeling alone and isolated and question all the time whether or not I should have done this.

I'm 12 days out and miserable. I have frequent nausea, daily diarrhea, and tremendous, constant stomach activity. I can barely swallow small pills and have totally stopped taking large ones like Calcium.

The head hunger is out of this world yet I can barely tolerate more than 4 tsp of Tomato Soup or Cream of Wheat. All the Protein shakes I drank pre-op are a thing of the past. I can't bear to even THINK about having ONE now. The thought absolutely disgusts me. I'm getting pretty much no Protein at this point and am most definitely nutrient and Vitamin deficient. I feel unhealthy.

I sleep all day and am up all night. My entire schedule is jacked. I'm going stir crazy being in the house all the time and I'm depressed as hell.

I know it's early and I should be more optimistic, but it's hard not to get lost in the momentary misery I'm currently feeling.

its funny the stages you go through the whole clear out non stop going to the loo is like what the hell but we all do it plus all we are taking in is liquid so there isn;t anything solid to pass at the early stages!

then it stops you start to eat more solid food and get ready to say hello to constipation- which can be really ugly so be warned and take something to help that I speak form my own very very ugly ordeal prune juice daily become my friend!

if you can only handle a few spoonfuls or sips of Soup do what I did make a thermos of it and have it with you take a few sips whenever you can by days end you will be done and had it all its less overwhelming like that than measuring it out and thinking ok this has to allll go in right now! and you not being able too.

if its 2 small mouthfuls every 20mins then so be it go at your own pace and what works for you.

if you read up I just posted about the Protein Shakes honestly I didn't even start to have them till about 6 weeks out what I did was sip on Protein Shots which is a kinda juice version of them I got in a health food shop and I diluted them with warm Water to not be as thick and warm Water because I couldn;t tolerate room temp or cold water.

Vitamins let me tell you them nasty liquid ones your sent home with (well I was) made me wanna puke and i was meant to take 12 drops a day I switched to kids multi vits you chewed not jellies but the powder pill kind and just sucked on them instead.

a lot of people have B vit problems and will get shots in the early stages well still throughout I take pills personally as I get B boosts in things I eat or drink like the hazelnut milk I used for my shakes has B vits in it.

down the line lack of other Vitamins also doesn;t help with energy like D and Iron you should be getting regular blood tests for your levels via the hospital or doctors every time you see them to make sure your levels are ok and if not they give you boosters for whats low.

I can completely understand your feelings! People really do not understand that this is NOT the easy way to lose weight. Even a trip to the grocery store becomes a huge stressor! As for the Protein, I too can no longer drink the Protein drinks. They are entirely too sweet! What I have found is a product called nectar. It comes in various flavors (I like the lemonade and the cherry personally!). You put it in Water and then I add a little of the MIO in the same flavor to it to remove the whey taste. This way you get liquids and Protein at the same time! It saved me! You can find it on Amazon if you do PRIME or a million places online.

I have hit the blues-y feeling as well and just taking things day by day until I snap out of the funk! Best wishes to you!!

I can completely understand your feelings! People really do not understand that this is NOT the easy way to lose weight. Even a trip to the grocery store becomes a huge stressor! As for the Protein, I too can no longer drink the Protein drinks. They are entirely too sweet! What I have found is a product called nectar. It comes in various flavors (I like the lemonade and the cherry personally!). You put it in Water and then I add a little of the MIO in the same flavor to it to remove the whey taste. This way you get liquids and protein at the same time! It saved me! You can find it on Amazon if you do PRIME or a million places online. I have hit the blues-y feeling as well and just taking things day by day until I snap out of the funk! Best wishes to you!!

It is not an easy journey by any measure ....your correct people don't get it ....it's so not easy this whole process is extremely difficult and yes going to the grocery store..... going to church ....going to work.... fixing food for your family ....dealing with other people are very very difficult and also create additional stress I haven't been drinking protein shakes since after my surgery ....I can't tolerate them ....they make me very nauseous ...I'm still trying to find other ways to replace the protein ....I eat a good amount of protein but probably not enough I'm nowhere near 60 to 70 g ....I'm worried all my hair is gonna fallout ....oh well I'll be skinny....lol

Hang in there sweetie :-)

Shel

I can completely understand your feelings! People really do not understand that this is NOT the easy way to lose weight. Even a trip to the grocery store becomes a huge stressor! As for the Protein, I too can no longer drink the Protein drinks. They are entirely too sweet! What I have found is a product called nectar. It comes in various flavors (I like the lemonade and the cherry personally!). You put it in Water and then I add a little of the MIO in the same flavor to it to remove the whey taste. This way you get liquids and protein at the same time! It saved me! You can find it on Amazon if you do PRIME or a million places online.

I have hit the blues-y feeling as well and just taking things day by day until I snap out of the funk! Best wishes to you!!

Oh wow the nectar thing sounds like a nice change. Thanks for that recommendation!

ok here goes lol

in may I will be 2 years out and had a lot of problems still have some but it gets easier so my list

Water nausea lots of puking lactose intolerance sensitive sleeve small sleeve the whole taste bud change from sensitive to salt to everything tasting super sweet.

had to go back to the broth stage and work forward again as by you should be on solid food now stage I was having a lot of issues with bad pain and puking from still being swollen and a small sleeve.

still to this day I dought I drink 64oz of Water seeing as I barely drink water at all I know its not happening I drink tea and Protein shakes so maybe but yeah I don't drink 6oz of water on top of everything else never have!

you are still in such a early stage of being out from the op your gonna get all the crap feelings and issues and what the hell did I do this is not normal things.

it just takes time don't rush it don't try to eat a burger 4 weeks out!

with my Protein Shakes I use hazelnut milk from alpro its not soy not cows milk so no lactose an dairy free.

all the samples of Protein shake I tired before the op were disgusting to me after as they seemed sooooo sweet I had to start again finding one that was ok to my taste buds and really good quality luckily I did but I spent hours looking and must have sampled over 40 in different flavours.

you will be tired I posted this in other threads but you will your recovering from a op on next to no food to help you heal your body uses all it can to heal so it wipes you out for the longest time after its normal to go through this.

the fluids thing anything liquid is a Fluid you don't have to try and chug water if your like me and can't tolerate room temp or cold drinks have warm or hot ones like Decaf unsweetened tea the liquid stages of your diet is Fluid intake it all contains water as long as your not dehydrated and get enough fluid in all forms you will be ok.

most of it gets easier you learn what you can do what your body is ok with what a little of is ok but not too much etc

it honestly does get easier with time its just a major head F to get there at times and you do question what you did because you feel so rough and have pain and everything else that goes with this.

it will get better and your not alone with how you feel.

Wow, this is great info and congratulations on your amazing weight loss!!

ok here goes lol

in may I will be 2 years out and had a lot of problems still have some but it gets easier so my list

Water nausea lots of puking lactose intolerance sensitive sleeve small sleeve the whole taste bud change from sensitive to salt to everything tasting super sweet.

had to go back to the broth stage and work forward again as by you should be on solid food now stage I was having a lot of issues with bad pain and puking from still being swollen and a small sleeve.

still to this day I dought I drink 64oz of Water seeing as I barely drink water at all I know its not happening I drink tea and Protein shakes so maybe but yeah I don't drink 6oz of water on top of everything else never have!

you are still in such a early stage of being out from the op your gonna get all the crap feelings and issues and what the hell did I do this is not normal things.

it just takes time don't rush it don't try to eat a burger 4 weeks out!

with my Protein Shakes I use hazelnut milk from alpro its not soy not cows milk so no lactose an dairy free.

all the samples of Protein shake I tired before the op were disgusting to me after as they seemed sooooo sweet I had to start again finding one that was ok to my taste buds and really good quality luckily I did but I spent hours looking and must have sampled over 40 in different flavours.

you will be tired I posted this in other threads but you will your recovering from a op on next to no food to help you heal your body uses all it can to heal so it wipes you out for the longest time after its normal to go through this.

the fluids thing anything liquid is a Fluid you don't have to try and chug water if your like me and can't tolerate room temp or cold drinks have warm or hot ones like Decaf unsweetened tea the liquid stages of your diet is Fluid intake it all contains water as long as your not dehydrated and get enough fluid in all forms you will be ok.

most of it gets easier you learn what you can do what your body is ok with what a little of is ok but not too much etc

it honestly does get easier with time its just a major head F to get there at times and you do question what you did because you feel so rough and have pain and everything else that goes with this.

it will get better and your not alone with how you feel.

Wow, this is great info and congratulations on your amazing weight loss!!

thank you :)