Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have to hane 5 visits with my pcp.

Home from consult and found out I have to wait 5 months. Have only been to the dr 1 time in the last 2 years. I can do this. Life goes by in a flash. Need to use this as a time of reflection and learning. But boy my heart hurts with disappointment.

Hane would be have. Sorry for not proofing it first.

I know it is frustrating to be so ready and be told you have to wait. I love your attitude. There is a great thread on here about the pre-op being an opportunity rather than a punishment. I felt the same. The time will go by quickly and you'll be as prepared as you can be. Best of luck!!

Hang in there! It does go by fast. I decided to have my band removed and to have revision to RNY the first part of November. Even though my insurance does not require 6 months visits, I do have to go thru 5 nutrition classes, 1 support group meeting, a psych evaluation before re-submitting my revision request. they approved the band removal, but denied the original RNY request. I have actually re-learned a lot from the classes I have been to. And I have been using the "My Fitness Pal" app to track my food and my exercise. I believe it will help make me do better once I do have my surgery. So....make some mini goals and use this time to get yourself and habits ready for your new life!!

Found out that if your insurance requires 6 month pcp supervised diet it really means 7 months. So disappointing, I'm now looking at August for surgery.

Yes I agree. Most of us had to complete at least a 3-9 month follow up with pcp, nutritionist, behavior health, weight loss seminars, and other forums. It does seem discouraging because when u have reached Ur decision to go thru with the procedure, and attend the educational forum to hear u have to complete months of follow ups can seem discouraging. But I can assure u, A. It will go bye so fast I'm telling u. B. The education and knowledge u gain from this is so helpful. C. you will not regret it.

My 6 months flew by so fast I am still in shock. My surgery is on the 16th and it's so weird to even say it, like I'm in disbelief. I got so use to attending appointments, and classes. When I got the call that I was approved I'm like "wow" lol I wish u nothing but the best please hang in there don't stop now it's just the beginning.

When I started my journey, my insurance company told me one thing, but once the new year came 2014, they changed so much and we really had to jump thru loops. I remember this one lady going off in the seminar about the new rules. She was at least 400lbs. At the minium. She grew so angry she told our nutritionist screw it, she was not going to do all the extra stuff that The new year required. Needless to say our nutritionist was about 130lbs, so the lady was not hurting her or losing out of sleep. The woman quit the program and walked away.

I tell u that story just to say, hang in there u can and u will make it. Get as much knowledge as possible with these next few months good luck : )

Thanks Jersey, I'm in it to win it! :). Not going to quit, I had to switch clinics because my dr left. So, truly it's a blessing if I would have stayed at unity point I would have been denied. So, now I have the facts and can use this time to gather more knowledge on the vsg. Good luck with your surgery and journey. Can't wait to hear your successes.