Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

whats everybody eaten today

Is anybody else stuck by how incredibly unhealthy some of these reports are??????? What are we doing to ourselves in the long run if we lose the weight and screw up our bodies in other ways with an unbalanced diet and lots of processed foods?

i dont see them as particularly unhealthy. I havent read one that really stood out as not good. Sure those on mushies or liquids have it tough, but you know better than anyone that those are only transitional phases and not long term.

What alarmed you? maybe im not understanding?

I am going to post yesterday as today is still early but this is pretty average.

Breakfast: 3/4 cup yogurt with my multi-vit and Biotin

Lunch: Potato and Veggie Soup 3/4 cup

Snack: Small yogurt cup

Dinner: 5 Bean Chilli with half whole wheat role

Handful of of baked veggie chips

Total of 1500 ml of Water throughout the day.

Ensure Creamy Milk chocolate shake 8 oz. 250 calories Breakfast

Ensure Creamy Milk chocolate shake 8 oz. 250 calories lunch

Propel Kiwi-Stawberry Water 16 oz. 10 calories

Bum! I can't work out how to use these tickers properly

Click on the website for from one of the other's tickers. It's a direct link.

At the website choose your ticker ( 1, 2, 3...) at 1 you can select by clicking directly on the item box to the left and then continuing by selecing 2. If you so not see an item you like at 1, there are numbered 1-12 different lines.

Click 2 and select your little ticker tracker..bugs, sun, palm tree... and select the box to the left of it.

Click next or 3 and type in your information. Is it a fertility check? Countdown to a date (last one)? select that one.

add all the details you want. Click the generator and you will get your code at the bottom.

Click and highlight the code, "copy" (ctrl + C ) and then go into your signature edit box on forum by entering the USER CP at the top left of Lapband talk. The USER CP is your control panel. You will see "Edit signature" as an option. Click that and then find a spot where you wish to put your ticker in your signature (much like a post box) and add it by (Ctrol +V ) SAVE CHANGES. and you are good to go.

Is anybody else stuck by how incredibly unhealthy some of these reports are??????? What are we doing to ourselves in the long run if we lose the weight and screw up our bodies in other ways with an unbalanced diet and lots of processed foods?

Some of these folks are at a different place than I am. I'm detoxing but what is really confusing me is the post operatives who are consuming what I perceive to be solid foods. My doctor said post surgery Clear liquids for a month. I think that to be Water, broths and CLEAR items.

I do believe if we don't do our best to eat a healthy diet---that this could without a doubt do damage to our bodies in the usual ways---clogged arteries for instance.

I have done my best to live by the motto "all things in moderation". I try to eat a balanced diet, including, meats, veggies, fruit, fats, grains---all of it. I do take a multi Vitamin, since I eat much less than I used to.

In my case, I do not want to diet, I want to find a way to eat, be healthy, and lose, then maintain a weight loss for the remainder of my life. I am looking for a lifestyle change. In an effort to accomplish that, I have taken a good look at my food choices, and adjusted them accordingly, but not eliminated anything. If I feel deprived---I know myself well enough to know it won't work for me. I am not willing to starve and be miserable today in order to be thin tomorrow. I am not sacrificing my todays for tomorrows.

This morning, I had a sausage patty with a scrambled egg on top with a slice of cheese melted on it. DH had the same idea, in a sandwich form. I ate about 1/2 to 2/3 of the sausage/egg/cheese---and I was no longer feeling any hunger, or wanting anymore so I quit. Last night for dinner I had beef stroganoff, about 2/3 of a cup, I ate all of it, and a piece of garlic bread. For lunch I had a chicken salad sandwich in pocket bread---and ate about half of it. I snacked on mixed nuts, a piece of cheddar cheese, and drank 3 bottles of Water, several glasses of iced tea (decaf), and shared a chocolate milk with my grandson!

I ate the same things my family did. I ate less. I manipulated it to be better for me. I could have had my breakfast this morning in sandwich form like DH---but I would have been able to eat the same amount, and I would have filled that small space with bread, that I don't need. So instead the Protein will keep me full for hours, and my blood sugar will remain steadier....I won't want to snack in a couple of hours.

We can eat healthy---it as well as anything else---is a choice. If you cannot eat healthy, then it is time to see your Dr. and adjust your fill accordingly. Your Dr. has no idea how the fill will affect you---it is a joint effort to get it right. We have to do our part as well. He won't be the one with ulcers, or malnourishment if it is not handled well---we will!!!

We have to be proactive with our health and diet, not just reactive when there is a problem.

Kat

Click on the website for from one of the other's tickers. It's a direct link.

At the website choose your ticker ( 1, 2, 3...) at 1 you can select by clicking directly on the item box to the left and then continuing by selecing 2. If you so not see an item you like at 1, there are numbered 1-12 different lines.

Click 2 and select your little ticker tracker..bugs, sun, palm tree... and select the box to the left of it.

Click next or 3 and type in your information. Is it a fertility check? Countdown to a date (last one)? select that one.

add all the details you want. Click the generator and you will get your code at the bottom.

Click and highlight the code, "copy" (ctrl + C ) and then go into your signature edit box on forum by entering the USER CP at the top left of Lapband talk. The USER CP is your control panel. You will see "Edit signature" as an option. Click that and then find a spot where you wish to put your ticker in your signature (much like a post box) and add it by (Ctrol +V ) SAVE CHANGES. and you are good to go.

Wow! Thanks for that...will sort it this evening :)

Oh my goodness I am eating so much more than what most people are posting. Im due for my first fill in two and a half weeks and I cant wait.

Yesterday

Breakfast:

Two pieces of toast with low fat butter and marmalade

Lunch:

Inside of Jacket potato with chilli con carne and cheese

Glass of red wine

Snack:

Weigh watchers bakewell tart

dinner - I was stuck on a train with bad choices, I cant believe I am going to admit this.

cheese scone with butter

Cheese and onion crisps

Peanuts

snack when I got home:

Low fat choc mousse

That is sooo DISGUSTING. I slept in today too after all that crap. Today I tried to be better but still so hungry (doesnt help that Im working from home, right next to the kitchen today)

Today

Breakfast:

half cup of mashed potato and carrot with low fat cheese

lunch

2 x corn on the cob with low fat butter amd spice

piece of steamed salmon

Snack 1

1 x low fat choc mousse

Snack 2

small bowl of lettuce, chicken and goats cheese

I havent had dinner yet but it will be chicken and vegies

Loads of Water

AM I AN UTTER PIG? ha ha

3 days post-op

EAS chocolate Protein powder with 1 cup soy milk=36 grams of Protein at 280 cals. Very filling and takes me a long time to sip down.

lunch and dinner will be some sort of cream Soup (Split pea has lots of protein) thinned with more soy milk.

Water Water water

so far minimum pain-I acually felt better after all the meds left my body-only tylenol now.

no cravings yet and I feel quite full.

http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wbTGJe4/

I put it down to cultural differences a lot of the time, I guess I just have a different outlook being from a different country. I approach it pretty much like Kat, I eat what my family does in smaller amounts and I eat from all food groups.

I really do believe though that a couple of years into the future, low carb diets will be debunked again just as they were in the 70's. They are no miracle and scientifically they're not proven at all. You will always lose weight when you cut out an entire food group, its as simple as that. It does worry me how little vegetables and fibre people are eating on low carb diets. You need two fruits and five veg per day.

I just pureed my five veg - mind the halo!!!

We're only advised to have 5 portions a day including fruit @least thats the way I understand it. I love my fruit and veg and have just gotten to the muchy stage so am puree-ing veg to make sure I get my quota....missing my fruit though!

Love

MV

xx