Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In a funk

So my surgeons office will be calling me Thursday to make an appointment to meet with my surgeon and then at that appointment he will give me a date which I was informed would be at most 1 month from that appointment... I have been so positive throughout all of this and I've been doing great losing weight and being active and eating right. Well I woke up this morning from my third bad dream about this surgery in the last week. Today I just feel fat and gross and like I'm going to be like this forever. Idk what is going on with me today but I can't snap out of it. Going to the gym here soon so hopefully that helps. Ugh thanks for reading.

Kristina maybe the nightmare is allowing you to know face your worse fears...I hope you working out help to clear your mind..I hope to have my surgery end of april or beginning of may...because hopefully before summer is over I will be down about 4 sizes....good luck and we are hear for you

I don't pay any attention to dreams. They're mostly biochemical anyway and your diet and stress are no doubt kicking them into high gear.

I was such a coffee addict, I hadn't dreamt in years. When I quit caffeine for the surgery, i started dreaming again and they were/are VIVID. Just treat it like a movie you didn't have to pay for. But when its over, walk out of the theatre and drop the glasses in the bin. It doesnt mean anything unless you let it.

Are you on a special pre-op diet yet? Or have you made recent changes? It's a fun ride, the way our body adapts.

Be encouraged, looking back its the smartest thing I ever did. And it was real easy. You'll do great.

All my best,

Jay

I have been making a lot of lifestyle changes over the past three months and in that time I've lost 34 lbs, I haven't started my pre op diet yet but I am eating very clean and exercising regular. I'm an anxiety basket, I have been worrying about everything lately. I'm beginning to think it's all the stress and emotions of my upcoming major surgery. Today is a much better day. Thank you for your reply :)

Are you a worrier by nature? If that's the case, you can daily revisit your reasons for pursuing surgery. You know the long term consequences of obesity, now THEY'RE something to worry about! Dream about all the diabetes you won't have. Or new clothes shopping. Or fitting easily into any chair on an airplane or at the movies, etc. Or running on the beach with (significant other/kids/dog/whatever) lol. Visualize the good things that will be on the other side of this short hospital stay.

I assume you did your research in choosing your surgeon and hospital? Then rest assured that your procedure has been highly refined and optimized over decades, and now its combined with new technologies to have great recovery times.

And we're all here for you. You'll do great!

Jay

So my surgeons office will be calling me Thursday to make an appointment to meet with my surgeon and then at that appointment he will give me a date which I was informed would be at most 1 month from that appointment... I have been so positive throughout all of this and I've been doing great losing weight and being active and eating right. Well I woke up this morning from my third bad dream about this surgery in the last week. Today I just feel fat and gross and like I'm going to be like this forever. Idk what is going on with me today but I can't snap out of it. Going to the gym here soon so hopefully that helps. Ugh thanks for reading.

you are not fat and gross

you are very very pretty......that is all the past diet failures talking..

the scared little girl who feels and fears she will yet again fail....but you wont....you will remain positive and you will remain focused..so what you have to wait a month....we are talking about your life....its for ever.....use this month to get it together.....eating better, exercising and when the date comes, its ON

just think where you will be this time next year.....

amazing looking i am sure.......and def more healthy....

its worth it....... :)

All of us get in a funk sometimes - you are probably just nervous - you have done fantastic so far! I've always had crazy dreams! Everything is going to be ok and we all think you are going to do great!!! Good luck & keep us posted on how you are doing! This weight loss thing isn't easy - even after wls - but if we all stick together we can get through it (you aren't alone)!

Thank you all for the encouragement, thankfully my funk was short lived! I felt better as soon as I exercised. I never thought I would say that!!!