Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can hardly sleep

Hey guys :) I gotta admit, I'm now less than a month away and I can hardly even sleep. I have so much going through my head at any given moment when I'm finally able to lie down. Throughout the day it isn't so bad because I'm able to keep myself fairly busy, but at night it's bad.

I keep checking the sight for new information hoping I'm absorbing what I need to know. It's more difficult with Laura-ven and Gamergirl not on lately because they are great mentors and I've learned so much thanks to them.

I almost feel like I'm obsessed with this forum. Does anyone else feel that way? Trying to keep up with all of the info to be as prepared as can be?

April

"I almost feel like I'm obsessed with this forum. Does anyone else feel that way?"

It's 1:50 am and I'm on here, so what do you think?!? You are as "normal" as I am. I was on this (and two other) forums constantly researching for months before surgery. There's no such thing as too much information. I was so excited to finally get on with it that I actually started my preop diet 2 days early.

"I almost feel like I'm obsessed with this forum. Does anyone else feel that way?" It's 1:50 am and I'm on here, so what do you think?!? You are as "normal" as I am. I was on this (and two other) forums constantly researching for months before surgery. There's no such thing as too much information. I was so excited to finally get on with it that I actually started my preop diet 2 days early.

It's 3am here and I'm still finding new info and reading about other journeys. Lol

Hi! 242am Pacific and here I am, I kind of have an excuse though, I just got back from a business trip to Singapore and keep waking up at 2am. Aww, who am I kidding? My first surgical consult with surgeon 1 of 2 is on Thursday and this "s" is getting real!

Edited by SnohoGal98296

Hi! 242am Pacific and here I am, I kind of have an excuse though, I just got back from a business trip to Singapore and keep waking up at 2am. Aww, who am I kidding? My first surgical consult with surgeon 1 of 2 is on Thursday and this "s" is getting real!

3 days!!!!!

You go super fatty! 3 days tip a new you! Just think, you will be a true vet by the time I get my appt, hoping for a March surgery date, I may have to go to Australia for meetings in February, otherwise I would be pushing for a Feb date ( I am self-pay and can fast track, assuming no surprises).

Edited by SnohoGal98296

Oops, you are a month out, not three days, sorry 439 am and still lurking and posting :- D

You go super fatty! 3 days tip a new you! Just think, you will be a true vet by the time I get my appt, hoping for a March surgery date, I may have to go to Australia for meetings in February, otherwise I would be pushing for a Feb date ( I am self-pay and can fast track, assuming no surprises).

no I meant 3days til your appointment!!! Lol

Hey guys :) I gotta admit, I'm now less than a month away and I can hardly even sleep. I have so much going through my head at any given moment when I'm finally able to lie down. Throughout the day it isn't so bad because I'm able to keep myself fairly busy, but at night it's bad.

I keep checking the sight for new information hoping I'm absorbing what I need to know. It's more difficult with Laura-ven and Gamergirl not on lately because they are great mentors and I've learned so much thanks to them.

I almost feel like I'm obsessed with this forum. Does anyone else feel that way? Trying to keep up with all of the info to be as prepared as can be?

April

Thank God - I thought it was just me!!! I keep finding new topics to read about and felt I was borderline obsessed myself. It's so awesome to have this site where we are all going through the sane things ;)

Your not alone I haven't gotten a date for my sleeve yet but i check this forum every time I have a few spare moments. I want to know what to expect..

I am with you April. 3a.m seems like my time every night to wake up and think about everything. Is this the right decision? Will I be happy with the way I look after I lose all my weight? What if I am I'm the percentage that things don't go well? Is this being too selfish considering I still have for children home that depend on me? I wish I could just turn my brain off for a while.

I found the closer i got to my surgery date the more obsessed i became. I especially got into watching youtube videos about the sleeve and looking at before and photos and reading blogs. I even started my own blog. Have you ever had surgery before? If not, that might be adding the fuel to your fire. Prior to my procedure I'd never been in the hospital, so I was scared because I had no point if reference. I had no idea i'd need a bed pan, or have to wear disposible underpants, or if i could wear my glasses into the operating room.

I've had c-sections, my tubes ties and my gallbladder removed. But nothing this life changing. It's just so mind blowing.

April.

I totally spend toooooo much time here. But it's helping me from bugging the crap out of my friends, and my dad. I just want to talk about it, because HOLY CRAP I CAN'T WAIT IT'S ONLY 26 days from now! Hah. But yeah. If I'm not studying, in class, with friends, or sleeping, I'm probably sitting on the couch, "watching" tv, and reading this board. But, my psych was really impressed with how much I knew and how prepared I was, and was happy I was so excited... So it's helping!

But yeah. I'm on here alllllll the time. I love that there is a huge message board for all us "fatties" who are taking life by the horns and being healthy!

Thankfully I can say that my jet lag is resolving, I didn't wake up until 5am this morning! So here I am again! Had my first consult yesterday and talked with the surgeon about BariatricPal, received caution that some info can be "inaccurate" but I told her that it is valuable because I can now recognize the trends of healthy advice/advisors and those that are not, whether intentionally or unintentionally! I can also read about trials and tribulations... and some just for fun posts (Go Seahawks! LOL)