Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone, I am 3 and a half years out. I have maintained my weight loss from 240 pounds to 130 for approximately 3 years. This summer started to gain weight due to 3 eye surgeries and not being able to exercise and frankly just feeling sorry for myself. I have now gained about 15 pounds so I really need to get back on track before this gets out of control. I read the book, The big book of gastric bypass and this site was highl;y recommended. I need new information and any help would be greatly appreciated.!! Thank you

My surgeon told me that if you gain 5 lbs over the years to not worry..If you gain 10 lbs. be worried! But if you gain 20 get your ass back here so we can help you!!!!!!!!!

In the back of my mind it resonates as a safety net.

You have done the same..You are reaching out so that it does not get out of hand. I admire that in you...Congrats on your 3 year controlled weight loss I hope I can do the same...

Start back at basics..Lean Protein and then veggies and fruit...Try to get lots of Water in and watch portion sizes again..Limit it to 1 cup if you can....Stay away from carbs as much as possible...

There is a diet a lot follow on here called the 5.2 diet and it works...I have not gotten to that point yet. At least I think that is what it is called...If not I am sure someone will set that part straight for you....

Welcome to this forum...We can be too honest with our thoughts sometimes, but it is done out of love and we look forward to your vast experience in staying in line for so long!!!!!!!!!

Edited by RJ'S/beginning

Welcome to the forum! We are so glad to have you!

If you haven't done so already, congratulate yourself every day for reacting quickly and reaching out for a little help. A 15 pound correction is a lot easier than a 50 pound correction.

If you're not doing so already you may want to consider maintaining a food log. I've used My Fitness Pal for over two years and logging is an incredibly powerful tool. Logging will allow you to manage your weight more quickly and with more precision than any other tool I know of. There are a number of loggers on the forum. If you're interested, don't hesitate to ask for tips for getting the most out of your log.

Again, welcome! You're in the right place!!

Hi Im Dee, Im 4 years out, my lowest weight was 113, Im stable at 115. Welcome. Your right it takes work. And when we (for whatever reason) don't or cant work it, it catches up really fast (damnit all to heck). So So So happy your reaching out, before your OUT of control and just say THE HELL WITH IT.

yay hang out, have a glass of Tomato juice, pull up an ottoman..lol :P

Oh sorry you did ask a question. You and I are only 5 months apart. So basically were at the same stage. Go back to the beginning where you started in MAINTANANCE. cuz that's when the "Honeymoon' phase ended. One awesome thing about this pouch is..it has the ability to make you lose weight quickly if you start behaving properly again...love thattt!!!.., Go back and follow your maintenance rules, That's why food logging is so important...I've give my self a 10 lb leeway, 10 lbs up Im still ok, but need to BACK IT UP...10 down ( happens when I going going going, busy busy busy, and not eating enough food for weeks). The 10 lbs either way gives me a instant alarm to PAY ATTENENTION DEE, your body's in distress!!!! I always jump back to my shakes & Snacks and up my exercise time in the gym or whatever, I like to walk, ALOT to the beat of my music..and I like Katy Perry!!!...lolol