Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi, just a quick question, I have been trying to contacdt ACS last night and today, Fitzwilliam and Owenstown both lines constantly engaged tried Galway just out of curiosity and its engaged all the time too... has anyone had contact from ACS or been able to contact them today?? I'm getting paranoid.

Hi, just a quick question, I have been trying to contacdt ACS last night and today, Fitzwilliam and Owenstown both lines constantly engaged tried Galway just out of curiosity and its engaged all the time too... has anyone had contact from ACS or been able to contact them today?? I'm getting paranoid.

Hi Gerri I tried all the numbers too out of curiosity after reading your message and they are all engaged. That is very worrying, have you tried emailing them? I know a few people heard from them yesterday or the day before. Hope to God nothing else is going on we should be worried about:eek:

Just tried Belfast and it was ringing the number is 048 90421616 if you want to try there and see if they know whats going on

Hi Lil, I emailed Fitzwilliam yesterday evening and Owenstown this pm, no reply from either. I just phoned Belfast, spoke to nice lady who said that Fitzwilliam and Owenstown are having problems with their phones (maybe didn't pay bills!) and hope to have them sorted soon. Hopefully that will happen.

Hi all. Haven't logged on in a while as I'm really busy at work at the mo and have exams this week too so just haven't had a minute.

I am actually losing restriction since the fill (boo, hiss) and find I'm eating more (though still not as much as before). Weight is slooooooowly moving downwards but so slowly the scales don't pick it up :) Roll on the next fill. Still can't eat meat cos it gets stuck and so does bread but most foods go down way too easily!

Elsie, how are you getting on? Any restriction at all?

Hi Lil, I emailed Fitzwilliam yesterday evening and Owenstown this pm, no reply from either. I just phoned Belfast, spoke to nice lady who said that Fitzwilliam and Owenstown are having problems with their phones (maybe didn't pay bills!) and hope to have them sorted soon. Hopefully that will happen.

Thanks Gerri hope thats all it is:huh2:

Hi all. Haven't logged on in a while as I'm really busy at work at the mo and have exams this week too so just haven't had a minute.

I am actually losing restriction since the fill (boo, hiss) and find I'm eating more (though still not as much as before). Weight is slooooooowly moving downwards but so slowly the scales don't pick it up :thumbup: Roll on the next fill. Still can't eat meat cos it gets stuck and so does bread but most foods go down way too easily!

Elsie, how are you getting on? Any restriction at all?

Hi Ailbhe,

Absolutely no restriction here unfortunately. I'm going back to weightwatchers tomorrow just to keep check on things until I get some restriction. I've been concentrating on Protein so much that I realised yesterday I havent eaten fruit since before the op. (except for banana during mushies) So need to get back into proper meals and a varied diet.

I havent had any trouble with anything and the other day I wasnt concentrating and only half chewed a bit of chicken and swallowed. I though "uh-oh" but nothing. I'm nearly thinking of flying over for a fill but I really should just be patient. I haven't tried steak or anything cos I'm more of a chicken and tuna person.

Best of luck with the exams!!!

LC

p.s. let me know when you book for your next fill and I'll get one around the same time again and meet up.

Hi folks, got an email last night from ACS think it was from Fitzwilliam with an appointment for a fill next Thursday the 18th at 2.30pm. They hope the phone lines are fixed today. I'm so pleased to have an appointment hopefully it won't be cancelled.

Hi folks, got an email last night from ACS think it was from Fitzwilliam with an appointment for a fill next Thursday the 18th at 2.30pm. They hope the phone lines are fixed today. I'm so pleased to have an appointment hopefully it won't be cancelled.

Thats great Gerri thanks for letting us know

Hi guys got app with ACS for Thur 18th @11.15 Im thrilled. I now have a pep in my steap again.:huh2::lol:

Hi guys got app with ACS for Thur 18th @11.15 Im thrilled. I now have a pep in my steap again.:huh2::lol:

Great news Roe I'm delighted for you:thumbup:

Hi

I am new to the forum, i too had problems getting through to them yesterday and today, I rang their Belfast office, seemingly the Advance in the Republic were having problems with their phone lines, someone just rang me back now.

More worrying is that Lou the Nurse who used to do the fills appears to have left. They now have a gastric band surgeon and two bariatric nurses on the staff, however before you breath a sigh of relief, they are refusing to give Saturday appointments. I don't know about you but I work full-time and am of the opinon that after spending €10,000 on aftercare, that ACS should try and be more accommodating to their clients. They refused to give me any time but next Thursday, which means I have to take time off work. If anyone is having the same problems with them, could you let me know as I have generally been unhappy with their service and the fact that I constantly have to chase them up and fight for every little thing. If we banded (excuse the pun!) together, and there are enough of us we can force them to change how they operate. I don't know about you but I had Kim ringing me every month before I finally decided to get my band and then as soon as I handed over the money, they didn't give a damn.

Just like to hear what you all think.

Regards

Candp

Hi Laura35

My fill is in Fitzwilliam street.

Candp, Saturday would suit me better and to be honest the 2.30pm on Thursday does not really suit but I know if I turn it down it could be ages before another one available.

Roe, delighted you got an appointment to.

I have an appointment for a fill on Thursday 17th too. ACS rang me to offer it because I had been on to them a few times enquiring about going to Belfast, so I was on their list. I think people were annoyed that they hadn't been told about these new nurses doing fills but I don't think ACS were contacting everyone, just anyone who had already rang up looking for a fill. By the way, have they been paying people's train fare or petrol bill for going up there? They told me they wouldn't pay mine!!! Could someone please post the phone number for Chris de Brune for fills in Dublin? I have a friend who was banded in Belgium who would like to go to him and I am too lazy to go back through the pages to look for it! Thank you!!!