Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could this bra size calculator thing possibly be accurate?

http://www.mrbra.com/brasizecalculator.ivnu

I entered in my measurements that it asked for:

My frame size was 40 (as I measured).

My chest plus breast size was fifty (as I measure, loosly like instructed). Welll not super loose, just not tight actually. I figured by loose they meant not tight. I eased up until there no longer two inch indentations on my boobs. Then it was just a small indentation from the tape measure.

So 40 around and 50 around the boobs gives them 46 H or larger. :)

Huh!

I bought bras today that were 42 DDD. THey fit. the 44 band was too big. Honest. I tried adjusting the straps on the bra. I made sure i tried in a couple of different positions on the back too and that my boobs were positioned correctly within the cups... I was like a bouncy ball in there.

I know if I measure above the breasts it is 42. So between 42 and 40 I thought you took the higher- 42.

And well ten inches... I always just wear the smallest cup size I can get by with without it getting four boobs or other obvious spill over. Though I think they are all in there in a DDD. And there isn't any puckering or wrinking on the fabric of the cuff.

So why would the size that fits be wrong? I don't even get where they get the 46 from.. I think its off.

And then another place or article will tell me I am suppose to add four inches onto the four inche measurement I got today so I really should wear a 44 I guess. And then I'm still supposed to do the subtract thing and translate that to cupsize...:faint:

Then another article I read said to add three inches to the under the bust measurment and then round up if needed. Ok. And then you subtract the big big bust number from the number that has three or four added to it after the three or four has been added (that at least makes a bit more sense). So if I take 44 from fifty I get 6. So thats a six inch difference! And that gives me... my DDD!

And to confuse it even more this place has a calculator that does it differently... http://www.leadinglady.com/fitting_room/ (i'm a 42 H there).. What does an H look like? I think thats more cup than I need. Maybe at some point I'll try on a G for kicks... I'm pretty damn sure I'm not a cup size H at all. :)

Maybe I need to make up my own formula. I think I am going to try taking the top measurement as my band size. Then the measurement below the breasts I will add three or four to. Then I will subtract that number from the number I get when I measure around the big part. Then I will take that difference and use a standard table to figure out my cup size where one inch is equal to one cup... I am going to be a bra sizing rebel.

Well....

For most modern day bra's those calculators are bunk.

That said, I was once fitted for a super support bra at the insistance of my mother. It was not a stretchy bra at all. It was more like the bras from the 50's. Stiff cotton. With that type of a bra the sizing is pretty much the same as those calculators. I think of it kind of like european sizes vs. us sizes. Except not euro or us. If that makes any sense. Buy what fits you and is comfy. The professional that fit me said that 100% of your breasts should be contained within the cup without any spill over. They should be filled out so that the fabric does not pucker or cave in anywhere, and the center piece between the cups should sit right against the sternum not be suspended out from the sternum.

I hope this helps :)

I think its more European - American sizing is different.

I've bought bras online before from Victoria's Secret and had them shipped to Australia and I had to send them back, I'm an Australian 14E and the 34E's that I ordered were like an Australian 20Z!!

I've also bought size 14 clothes online and they were as big as my old Australian 18-20's.

Actually I love it because I can get on here and say I'm a size 10 to 12. Which in Australia is rather tiny, hehehe.