Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here we go 'round the Mullberry bush...

I have been through the classes for WLS a few times now, there has been health issues (thyroid cancer) non supportive nutritionist, and stress over the choice of surgery I felt was the only option. Then I learned about the VSG and I felt that I finally found the option that would work for me.

I'm back on track and hoping to make enough progress, I need to lose at least 65 pounds more before they will do surgery on me, but each time I am "under the microscope" so to speak I start to really stress about my performance and I seem to go off track.

Has anyone else experienced this with the stress of the scale causing so much anxiety? I really need to get this done this year, its been almost 16 years considering this and a good six years that I have been in and out of a program from one hospital or another. I need to hit that target weight that will put me in the safety zone for surgery, if you have had this issue, what was the remedy?

I do great on my own and am currently losing, tracking food, and hopefully starting movement next week but of course I need to start the classes, checking out the night program they have that includes pre-op, and post op at various stages and I need to keep up with program requirements so I qualify once I am down the required weight.

Any thoughts??

PERFECT!

Try this. Throw away the scale! You seem to be doing very, very well without it!!!

Jadeysmiling,

I think Arts137 is correct about the scale. You seem to be doing very well and I know how difficult it is. At my highest weight I was 368 pounds and my only saving grace is I am six feet tall. I'm still new but I'm glad I had the surgery it has made just moving around much easier for me.

I wish you blessings on your journey.

Kathleen

Thank you both. :) I don't weigh myself at home because I do fear the numbers even when I can physically see that I am losing. But that's not when I have the big issue, its when I go to the Hospital to comply with the needs PRE op, every single visit you have to weigh in. So, whether I am going to the nutritionist, the psychologist, the exercise coach, or meeting with a Dr. about concerns, they weigh me each and every time.

The nutritionist visit is always the one I dread most because I fear if the pounds aren't where they think I should be they start focusing in on my dietary intake. (as they should) When I think I'm putting in 100% its discouraging not to always have the numbers. I had one nutritionist that pretty much stressed me out for all others and I know this is where it comes from, just not sure how to get past it.

But...I may just not make any appointments until I really feel like im "in the zone." Thank you so much for your kind words of support!! :) :)