Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please read....

A good friend suggested I post the following below so here I go.

I've just celebrated my first 'bandiversary' and so you are aware, I was one of the ones who was not excited about starting my weight loss journey. I was nervous, anxious, fearful of failing, fearful of the future...basically a mess.

I just wanted to say that that It just breaks my heart to read about others who struggle, who are fearful and question their decision to go ahead with WLS, and I just want them to know that we all understand the fears and anxiety but that given time, almost everyone will find success. Wishing you all well!

Also...for those who like the visual, I've attached before and 'after' pics of myself. I put the after in quotes because I'm not finished...no one is finished with this journey..not until you're cold and in the ground but for our purposes..this is as good an after shot as required.

post-142630-0-53654000-1389886534_thumb.jpg post-142630-0-70888800-1389886545_thumb.jpeg

You're truly inspirational and have done an amazing job! I too was not excited to start my WLS journey but rather desperate. I was a walking time bomb and if it wasn't for the support of my wife I probably would've given up. For me I went through various thoughts of what if I didn't survive the procedure? How long could I continue on the path I was on if I didn't do something? It got to a point where I had to choose. Continue the path leading to early death or face fear head on and get control of it. I had reservations right up until I got into the OR and my Surgeon looked down and me and said "You ready to go?" I remember looking back at him and saying "well we're all here. Lets do this thing and hope we all have a great day"

I never ever thought I would be where I am at today. I have no doubt WLS saved my life and I am forever grateful for everyone who helped me along the way and that includes many people on here.

Great post, you are right, we are never totally through. But you before and "during" are great! Karen..aka.kll724

I too was at the end of the line. I was scared and apprehensive about the whole thing. I wanted to be strong and diet successfully all on my own. I wanted ppl to praise my strength and stick to it until it was done. the last 2 years prior to surgery i just wasn't sucessful. my family knew i tried nutrisystem, wt. watchers, south beach diet, low fat, low calorie, no carbs. etc. and i wasn't losing a damn thing. my blood sugar stayed high. i was so afraid as the scale was hitting 300lbs. my husband and daughter sat me down and told me what i knew, i was dying. so i looked into wls. my daughter went with me to the seminars and did some of the internet searching. my husband didn't care what it cost he would work double shifts. they knew how hard i tried on my own. i continued to be scared but i wanted to live for them. yes i said them. the wt. loss was for me but living was for them. so with all the doubts i went through it and have not regretted one moment of it. if i don't lose even 1 more pound i already feel better my bs is normal and my energy has improved. so be scared , be apprehensive, have anxiety but do it.

Thanks for that great post...it is a journey and there are lots of worries....before, during and after....I am 4 months out and feeling great and am happy with my weight loss so far. There are still worries in my mind about what the future holds, will there be problems--can I keep it off, unlike so many times before. When that happens I look in the mirror and see where I am now and think about where I want to go and then I just say to myself....one day at a time....today is here and now and that is what i focus on!

I've just celebrated my first 'bandiversary' and so you are aware, I was one of the ones who was not excited about starting my weight loss journey. I was nervous, anxious, fearful of failing, fearful of the future...basically a mess.

I just wanted to say that that It just breaks my heart to read about others who struggle, who are fearful and question their decision to go ahead with WLS, and I just want them to know that we all understand the fears and anxiety but that given time, almost everyone will find success. Wishing you all well!

Also...for those who like the visual, I've attached before and 'after' pics of myself. I put the after in quotes because I'm not finished...no one is finished with this journey..not until you're cold and in the ground but for our purposes..this is as good an after shot as required.

Thank you so much for sharing!!! Such an inspiration. Congrats!

All of you just nailed everything I feel and have gone through these last several months. I was banded 12/18/2013. I'm still in the recovery stage of surgery, still have port pain when I bend over even slightly, still have major stiffness if I don't move for long periods (like sleeping or working at a desk). I keep thinking this pain will never go away but it's you-all that remind me that it's just a process. Thank you for this forum and speaking up...it REALLY helps others in this new journey like me!

attachicon.gifIMG_20131116_090729_4421.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_18896682288191.jpeg

You are an inspiration and a delight. Congratulations on all of your success so far and in the future! :D