Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's everyone's favorite way to spruce up the plain Fage. I'm looking for new Ideas while keeping it lower carb.

Any replys will help thanks all :)

Edited by sophiepants

I usually eat my plain Fage with strawberries coated in raw honey & cinnamon.

Edited by keish_lorraine

I usually eat my plain Fage with strawberries coated in raw honey & cinnamon.

yummy!! :) thank you

Chopped apple with a few drops of vanilla extract and cinnamon is so yummy! I also like to use frozen berries and 1/2 a truvia packet and it's almost like ice cream. I mix a tablespoon of fage with dressing or Boursin cheese to make it creamier and you use less of the high calorie dressings that way. I love my fage can you tell!!

Chopped apple with a few drops of vanilla extract and cinnamon is so yummy! I also like to use frozen berries and 1/2 a truvia packet and it's almost like ice cream. I mix a tablespoon of fage with dressing or Boursin cheese to make it creamier and you use less of the high calorie dressings that way. I love my fage can you tell!!

Oh no that's perfect :) I need lots lol

I'm writing them down so I can try them this week! TY

Ooh Plain Fage, my diet staple. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

1. As a smoothie, with your sweetener of choice (I like Splenda), a splash of Water, small splash of OJ, and a couple of frozen strawberries. Whip it in the blender till smooth.

2. With frozen blueberries and Splenda. Makes a great Breakfast if you don't like eggs, or an evening treat.

3. As a dip for raw veggies. I mix it with the packaged ranch dressing mix

4. Instead of sour cream in cream Soups. Love it stirred into Tomato Soup.

5. Mixed with my fav sweetener and thinned with Water a bit, served over chopped apples that I stew till soft.

Lynda

Ooh Plain Fage, my diet staple. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

1. As a smoothie, with your sweetener of choice (I like Splenda), a splash of Water, small splash of OJ, and a couple of frozen strawberries. Whip it in the blender till smooth.

2. With frozen blueberries and Splenda. Makes a great Breakfast if you don't like eggs, or an evening treat.

3. As a dip for raw veggies. I mix it with the packaged ranch dressing mix

4. Instead of sour cream in cream Soups. Love it stirred into Tomato Soup.< /p>

5. Mixed with my fav sweetener and thinned with Water a bit, served over chopped apples that I stew till soft.

Lynda

Woman you are amazing! I never would have thought about some of those! And I will try them all :)

In the Soup wouldn't have guessed that one. I do however love me some Tomato soup so that's a great Idea! Thank you wise one :)

Mixed with tuna instead of mayo, shred or dice a little apple and celery with it and a little lemon pepper. They served samples at support group one night night and NOT being a Greek yogurt (or any yogurt!) fan, it was still really good. (They used some honking big radish of some sort and cut it super thin like chips to dip in to it. Yum!)

Lordy that sound so yummy! :) TY

Mixed with tuna instead of mayo, shred or dice a little apple and celery with it and a little lemon pepper. They served samples at support group one night night and NOT being a Greek yogurt (or any yogurt!) fan, it was still really good. (They used some honking big radish of some sort and cut it super thin like chips to dip in to it. Yum!)

All this sounds great, oh how I wish I liked yogurt and cottage cheese....

Do you think if you try'd any of them you might like it? It might so change the taste. I know it was a huge difference when I added a packet of splenda to it. (I had not though of that either) lol

I think the fage in Tomato Soup will be a totally different taste. :)

Just a thought.

I'm the odd man out I guess. I can't stand the taste of fage yogurt, cottage cheese freaks me out because of the texture. So does cream of wheat and applesauce. I'm screwed

Edited by superfatty

I'm the odd man out I guess. I can't stand the taste of fage yogurt, cottage cheese freaks me out because of the texture. So does cream of wheat and applesauce. I'm screwed

Bahahaha Ya woman your batten a thousand! How bout thick Soups?

Bahahaha Ya woman your batten a thousand! How bout thick Soups?

I can do thick soups. It's just that weird grainy texture that freaks me out and makes me gag. Hummus, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, applesauce, cream of wheat. Maybe it'll be different after surgery.

I have see. recipes I. Which the cottage cheese was blended till smooth then added. If it's the texture, that would work. If it's the tang of yogurt, try it where you would use sour cream.

Lynda