Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mood swing when hungry...

Please, please tell me there are others out there like me...

Whenever I am hungry, I get really b**chy. I was never like this pre-banding. When I am starting to get hungry, I always give hubby the heads up letting him know I'm getting hungry. But it takes so little time to get from starting to get hungry to hungry & I become a bitch. It's like I HAVE to eat. Maybe I just have 'issues'. LMAO

Anyway, hubby is use to it by now & knows when I say I am getting hungry that we need to start preparing a meal OR head out to buy one.

Been there! When I was first banded, hubby was right behind me with his band surgery about 3 days. He was in no mood for food and me I was HUNGRY!!! Like a Beast I was hungry! I would yell at him to change the station on the TV cause I could smell the hot wings in the commercial and I don't even like hot wings! A part of the mood swing is also because of the withdrawal of toxic foods that your body is experiencing, as you start to eat less and better quality foods.

However even now, if I do not eat when I am hungry and I wait till I am really hungry it can be a very bad experience for myself and anyone around me. :)

Try to eat when your body is telling you to, if you can have some Water and/or Protein Snacks ready, so you can soothe the hunger a bit till you can get that healthy food in.

I was having a major issue with this leaving the office for the day. I would have lunch around 12:30 leave at 5:30 get home at 7 and be a raging hunger monster. It was hard to cook good food if it wasn't already waiting and cooked for me and difficult to even wait for the drive through gal to get the food out the window!! Eating out everyday was NOT good for me or my husband. Even those salads can be upward of 500 calories! When your hungry though all the thought process and good intentions go out the window and you can self sabotage easily.

Now I bring an extra Protein Bar with me to work or out and about when I am off just to stave off that hunger monster. If I'm at the office or home and I have that hunger feeling coming on and I know it could be an hour or more before I am able to sit and eat a healthy meal I will have that Protein Bar or make a Protein shake with Water to help ease me into that next meal which can sometimes be more then 4 hours from the last meal.

Your not alone...and it does get better as you go along I promise!! You will be able to tame the beast and get control over your hunger and mood swings. Biting peoples head off isn't as tasty as say a chicken leg :)

Interesting....I was like that pre-band. Was miserable when hungry but since the band, I never get that kind of hungry and as such, no acting like a crazed wildebeast. I like being this way alot more than the other, that's for sure.

Lol you're not alone. I get that way as well especially if I'm out and about taking care of business and don't have time or extra cash to grab something so by the time I get home, yeah I'm witchy lol.