Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone know how to make post op fun?

I'm a week into post op... I've really been trying to Stay focused and stick to my clear and full liquid diet... I am feeling full and it's as though I can see the weight falling, and I'm energetic... Am I moving to fast and how do I make this journey fun or shall I say interesting?????

The scale makes it fun for me! Enjoy the heck out of your transformation. Focus on your goals, and track as you get closer to them. Use this time to relearn slow, intentional eating with proper nutritional balance. You just spent a ton of money, now you've got some jobs to do! As many on here have said to me "every day is better than the one before".

Congratulations and welcome to the losers bench.

how do I make this journey fun - interesting?????

tracysjourney

they" say you joined VSG yesterday 8:52 am

we've been waiting for you :)

glad you made it!!!!

WELCOME WELCOME

for me, and many others (you too?) coming to the boards are very helpful

you'll get a lot of good info about vomitting and poop and when to have sex! LOL

you will "meet" mostly nice people, except..........ooooops what was that name??? ;)

making the journey fun???

planning is a key word

don't let yourself get bored!!!!

boredom brings back old habits that do die hard :angry:

write a list of things you want to/need to do

keep track in MyFitnessPal - a websight that you write down what you ate, calulate calories, carbs et al

its important to be accountable for all your food and drink

being focussed while you are on your journey today is wonderful

those emotions/feelings should/MUST remain for ever and day

i know you realize getting WLS, losing the weight is only 1/2 the battle

many/most/all of us have successfully taken off 50, 75, 100+ lbs - but maintaining is the issue

i'm glad you are mentally and physically sounding and feeling great and all set to forge ahead your partner in crime - the sleeve!!!!

you are now walking towards a healthier, happier, longer life :)

good luck newbie

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

I'm a week into post op... I've really been trying to Stay focused and stick to my clear and full liquid diet... I am feeling full and it's as though I can see the weight falling, and I'm energetic... Am I moving to fast and how do I make this journey fun or shall I say interesting?????

I measure once a month, sometimes the scale doesn't move but I lose inches. Make small goal for yourself and Celebrate every one of them! Collect recipes... Take pictures of yourself all throughout this journey. I can rarely see a difference in a mirror but pictures never lie.

Congratulations on your surgery! Good luck!!

Thanks guys..... Kathy that was awesome advice.. :-) I am up and ready to tone, but I know that it's a process. I my staples are to be removed on the 24th. I'm also excited to try new things. I have two teenaged boy so I have be practicing cooking healthier foods. So far so good. Again Thanks you guys

Enjoy each change as it comes along.

Use these boards for support.

Try new recipes -- even in the liquid phase! Check out http://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/1052-recipe-sharing/

Read some good books. I always recommend "Emotional First Aid Kit" and "Success Habits of Weight Loss Surgery Patients"? Both of which are available as paperback or ebooks.

Always be learning. Use the first 6 months to really learn about your surgery, your body, exercise, and the way you want to live the rest of your life.

It is what you make it. If you want it to be fun, don't fret over everything. Follow your plan and live. You'll have lots of time to try new things (or old things!) now that your then and focus isn't always on food.

LOL my post-op was awesome because it was my first "vacation" in 4 years and I really needed it. I hung out in my living room on this new recliner couch I had purchased just to help me after surgery (love that thing still), and napped and enjoyed the heck out of dreaming about my new life. That probably sounds hokey, but it was such a great time for me! :)

Edited by Shells_Almost_There