Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Glycemic Index

OK so I am trying to find an easy to use GI chart that will tell me the GI for everyday foods, like different fruits and veggies etc. I have hyper-insulinism, a prediabetic state, and would really like to know. My doc hasn't suggested anything other than weight loss and staying away from simple carbs, but I am trying to be pro-active. I'd like to know which are the best fruits and veggies to eat and which are the worst. I know I have heard Jack mention that bananas are a bit high on the GI list, at least as far as fruit is concerned. Is simply going by how many carbs are in a serving of fruit a good indicator of this? So lower carb fruits are more complex? Please some assistance would be well appreciated.

Thanks Jack, I know you are an expert at this, and appreciate your response :)

Faith, I found that website last night, and it doesn't seem very user friendly. I can't pull up a list of all fresh fruits for example, I have to look them up individually. It does however have lots of info, thanks :)

For now my issues are kind of reverse to a diabetic. With hyper-insulinism as I understand it from my pcp is that when I eat carbohydrates before I can even get off a sugar spike my body produces way more insulin than it needs to. As a result my blood sugar usually hangs out at around 75-80 and I have all this extra insulin to turn everything i eat into fat! As a result, I was always hungry, no matter what till I was so full that I physically could not eat anymore. I am trying to give my pancreas a rest from producing insulin and stay off that rollercoaster in an effort to not turn diabetic which at this point is a real possiblilty. I think I really need to stick to the fruits and veggies that are lowest on the glycmic index or maybe just the lowest in carbs?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches