Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just bought one of these blender/mixer things (as seen on TV), in preparation for mushies. :hungry:

Does anyone have one? Does it work?

Susan

I don't have one because i love my blender but i think all of my friends have them and love and adore them. They are really simple to use and great for mixing up Protein Shakes etc.

From what I am told it is great to use. I have been getting by with my blender but it is so huge to clean up. Am considering getting a Magic Bullet

I have one and I don't know how I would have gotten through the past 3 weeks without it. I use it about 3-4 times a day. I can't say enough about it! You did get it for a great price!

I have one and they are great. Does a good job on frozen stuff like fruit. Much easier to clean than a blender and more compact for traveling. You got it for a really good price.

What a great price!!! I was going to buy a Bullet, but the Back To Basics drink mixer has about 100 watts more power than the Bullet, but I am going to have to order from walmart.com. In the end if I can find a good sale price on a bullet, I may do better to just buy one of those. The Bullet has a couple of cups, doesn't it? The Back To Basics mixer only has one :P

May I ask where you found that great price (was it a big chain store)?

I bought a Magic Bullet last year after hearing everyone rave about them. I honestly don't get the hype. It doesn't crush ice worth a darn and I tried to whip garlic butter and it wouldn't even do that.

What a waste of 50 bucks!

I bought the bullet before my surgery, and I think it is okay. It is pretty good for when you are in the mushies, but I have not used it much since.

For those of you who have blenders with the "normal" size bottom and screw on blades try this trick for easier clean up. Because we are bandsters and dont need the whole blender jug full, take a wide mouth mason jar, like the one that the classico spaghetti sauce comes in. Put your soon to be blended food in the jar and screw on the blades. Blend and serve. You can even drink out of the jar if you like. Rinse the jar and put it in the dish washer. I have collected a bunch over the years, so I never run out when they are all in the dishwasher. They are also nice because they have measurements on the side.

I dont even know where the jug for my blender is. Maybe I should change my name to "Domestic God"

Andrew

Actually it was not in a store. I work for a large Hospital foundation in Toronto. We have a "Main Street" along one of the corridors where 3-4 vendors rotate. Today there was a guy selling these types of products (As seen on tv) and it did seem that the price was good but I wasn't sure because I did not remember the infomercial. Also I don't have a blender, just a robot coupe and that is way too much trouble to clean!

Susan

Susansilver don't worry about it. If you don't have a blender the magic bullet will work fine. It may not do everything, but it is only for a few weeks until you are back on solids. As for the blender idea, I think it is terrific and I am going to try it. Doddie

I have one and love it, paid alot more than that though , you got a deal! I make tuna fish salad in it and it blends up real good and use it for dip with ritz crackers, make tartar sauce, make dressed egg yolks, I use mine all the time!

What a cool thing your place of business has, I'd love to have a shopping opportunity like that! (We have the occasional book sale, jewelry sale, or scrub sale, but that's about it.)

I have a bunch of those regular mouth mason jars in tons of different sizes (we used to can a lot). I'll have to buy a blender with twist off blades, but I need a new one, anyway. I have my parent's first blender in my cabinet (from 1963). I think it's time for an upgrade. Thanks!!!

I have a Hamilton beach one from Walmart, it was $10 and I love it. Some blender companies also make portable cup attachments for full sized blenders. I love my little blender from walmart, it has a cover with a straw hole in it and is great for making smoothies and drinking them in the car. It's crushes ice, works for frozen fruit and has oz, and mil marks on the side. It cost me $13 and now they have it in fun colors. ~Mandy

Here are some other options

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3609512

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4756038

This is what I have, it was much cheaper at walmart.

http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/cgi-bin/main/co_disp/displ/carfnbr/30/prrfnbr/1899/Single-Serve-Blender-with-Travel-Lid