Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op January 2014 Losers Club!

Congratulations everyone!

I am 8 days out today. Feeling so much better, but am having some pain under right tube incision spot. Pain meds help, but am almost out. Not sure it's closing properly after tube removal. I think I'll have to go back to dr, make sure everything is ok and hopefully renew pain meds. Stitches should come out tomorrow or Wednesday.

Overall though feeling pretty good. On full liquids now. Had watered down (and double strained to be sure) Tomato basil Soup yesterday. It was delicious! Could only eat 6 sm spoonfuls. So weird to be full like that. I'm already down 14 lbs and 5" around my belly!! Amazing.

So happy the worst is over and the future looks so bright :)

What flavorless Protein powders do you use in Soups?

Hi there congrats to everyone too - exciting milestones are ahead for us!

Path2me - try unjury brand unflavored Protein or bariatric eating's pure protein. I use them in my soups and they taste just as good, just protein enhanced.

I've heard good things about Syntrax nectar. I have ordered some samples but have yet tried it.

Eroper6....Is this the first thing you puree'd to try to eat? I am just curious because I start puree-ing foods on Friday. I hope it all goes well and hope you get to eat without feeling nausious.

Just seen my doc 11 days post op, lost 10 lbs.. yay!!

YAY!!! So happy for you :)

That is exciting!!! It is amazing to see the numbers go down so quickly! Congrats on your first 10 lbs.

I decided to sign up for my first 5K race today. The race isn't until June 1st but by then I should be well on my way to running at least part of that. So far I walk 10k when the weather is nice which is something I thought I would never do before I started last April.

I decided to sign up for my first 5K race today. The race isn't until June 1st but by then I should be well on my way to running at least part of that. So far I walk 10k when the weather is nice which is something I thought I would never do before I started last April.

Congrads. . I love doing things like that. EBay state are you in

Congrads. . I love doing things like that. EBay state are you in

I mean what state are you in

I live in Northeast Pennsylvania.

Officially post up!! Surgery went very well! Downside that I was not aware off that I can't eat or sip anything for 3 days :( this too shall pass! Now onto the road of losing and success stories!!

My first post :)

I had my surgery on 1/13 and didn't have any problems surgically or post op. I've been on Clear liquids and I have heartburn - but I had bad GERD before, so I don't know if that's why. I see my MD tomorrow and I hope to move to a puree diet.

Are you on Pepcid for acid? I've never had GERD, but they still put me on it for the first six months to prevent ulcers. Maybe it would help you?

That's probably a good idea to take pepcid or something to prevent ulcers. I think I might do that myself.

My first post :)

I had my surgery on 1/13 and didn't have any problems surgically or post op. I've been on Clear Liquids and I have heartburn - but I had bad GERD before, so I don't know if that's why. I see my MD tomorrow and I hope to move to a puree diet.

I seen my doc yesterday and ask him about acid and heartburn since I see so many on the forum talk about nexium use. He told me and showed me pictures that show our acid producing cells are at the bottom of our old tummies.. so what we think is acid feeling is mostly our new pouch healing. He said if we need something chew up a rolaid