Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how much do you lose monthly

Please give me an idea, I have been reading posts all day and seen huge numbers.. much higher than I would expect. . So how much do y'all lose monthly?

From what I see , It really depends on each person and what weight they are at and what stage they are in.

I lost 10lbs from my surgery weight within the first week and now it's between 3 to 5 lbs a week. I had my surgery 12/26/13 so it's still new and my body is healing. I am also one of the rare people that can tolerate regular food. I had some flank steak and fish already.

Wow. I know it took my husband a month for soft foods and even them he puked all the tone

I have to spit up if I eat to fast. Have to eat smaller bites and wait to make sure the bite goes down.

Please give me an idea, I have been reading posts all day and seen huge numbers.. much higher than I would expect. . So how much do y'all lose monthly?

I had surgery on November 4th and have lost 43 lbs. I hit a stall between thanksgiving and Xmas but just started losing again.

HW: 385. SW: 347. CW: 304.

I lost 10lbs from my surgery weight within the first week and now it's between 3 to 5 lbs a week. I had my surgery 12/26/13 so it's still new and my body is healing. I am also one of the rare people that can tolerate regular food. I had some flank steak and fish already.

Me too I had steak last night* it brought me out of my funk. I'll take the slower loss if it means I don't lose my mind with the boring food choices

Surgery 12/30/13 lost 6 lbs so far post surgery (17 total including preop)

My husband is 1yr out and still can't eat steak

Me too, I had surgery 12/30/13 and have been fortunate. I can eat small amounts of fish, tuna, even some very soft slow cooked pork yesterday. But I am being careful so I get the most out of this tool.

It is always a bad idea to compare your weight loss to someone else's weight loss. The fact that my weight loss is different from yours means absolutely nothing. There are simply too many variables. Even doctors can only offer an educated guess and they do so knowing that it is likely that your weight loss will be different from their best guess.

Instead of trying to establish expectations which may or more likely may not become reality, consider focusing your energy on following the protocol as closely to the letter as you can possibly can. Stay patient. Stay positive. Trust the process. Regardless of what your weight is doing at any point in time (up, down, or stubbornly refusing to move), follow your plan. Allow your body to find its own way in its own time. Do those things and the weight will take care of itself. And your journey will be so much less stressful :-)!

You're gonna love the new you!!

Well said. Ty for the advice