Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here is the deal I am over a year post OP (September 2012) and I have lost almost 70 pounds. About 2 months ago I hit a brick wall at 300 pounds. I have good restriction and good Portion Control. I can literately set my clock by when i eat, which is about every 4 hours.

I exercise for at least 30 - 60 min 4-5 times a week.

I restrict my calories to 1200 a day, I shoot for 100 grams of Protein a day. i have not be paying attention to much to fat as i don't eat many fatty foods. I rarely eat Pasta, rice, or bread.< /p>

I have recently gone to calculating how many calories i burn during exercise normally i burn between 400-800 calories a workout. should i be calculating those in to my daily requirement?

any advice would help.

I am not going to tell you what you should or should not be doing....listen to your Dr....

I will say what I do and I believe....

Early on, one of the most liberating steps I took was to stop monitoring, and calculating everything I ate, everything I did in the way of exercise, etc....stopped using those apps....they were driving me crazy....

I also stopped counting calories, although I have a good idea of where I am at just by common scenes....

I am OLD SCHOOL....in other words, I believe the less I eat, the more I will loose....and make sure I get my Water, Protein and Vitamins everyday...that is my only concern....

There are people here that track everything, and there are people here that will say you need to eat more to loose more...

Hey, if they believe it and it works for them...then I will applaud and encourage anyone's successful experience...

But for me, it has been the opposite mantra....I eat only when I am hungry...which is not very often...I stop when the band says stop, which are very small portions....I concentrate on high Protein, nutritious foods....

I exercised on a empty stomach first thing in the morning to "Burn Fat" more efficiently, and it worked! I now need to take a shot of protein before working out because I have no more excess body fat....

Again, that is me.....and I'm happy with the results....other people have their avenues to their success, and I will not interfere with what works for them....

My surgeon looks at me, is pleased with my successful weight loss journey, states as long as I am not hurting myself, and that I am obviously healthy and fit....to continue doing whatever it is I'm doing, don't stop!..

he understands no 2 people are alike with his thing....that's obvious.

I have a friendly confrontation with the Nutritionist at my Surgeons office.....I jokingly and lovingly tell her what she can do with her charts and logs, etc....and she always comes back at me....

Edited by B-52

Please fill in your profile, it is hard to tell where you are in life, if you are male or female, what you started at, where you are now!Thanks! Best advice I can give is to make sure that you are getting your Water, too. Maybe adjust your calorie count to jumpstart your losses. But a plateau happens, and sometimes there is not a lot we can do to start but then it weight loss will start by itself, again. Maybe your weight o\is shifting around, clothes getting looser? Do you need a fill? Best wishes, Karen..aka.kll724

Some people believe that your body has a weight memory that it likes to make stops at along the way. Did your weight at one time in the past sit around 300 pounds? Also, if you are working out that much, you are probably building up a lot of muscle. I would be patient, and keep doing what has been working for you. Maybe call or see your doc if you haven't done that in a while. Also, if you have gotten pretty used to your level of exercise, maybe you could up the intensity a little bit. Stay strong, be patient, keep at it.

Some people do carb cycling to break through a plateau.....mixing it up.

Just know you WILL break this plateau and be in those two hundreds soon. It may be that you are shedding inches you don't even know about. Keep up the good work!

Sometimes changing my exercise routine helps too. I have always been told that once your body gets used to a routine, mix it up a bit. This week, for example, I'm not going to do my regular routine on the Eliptical...... I'm going to TRY ten mins of my cardio on a high incline on the treadmill (while singing "Climb Every Mountain" in my head -LOL).

Sometimes changing my exercise routine helps too. I have always been told that once your body gets used to a routine, mix it up a bit. This week, for example, I'm not going to do my regular routine on the Eliptical...... I'm going to TRY ten mins of my cardio on a high incline on the treadmill (while singing "Climb Every Mountain" in my head -LOL).

Just got back from gym and I did ten minutes of a very steep incline on the treadmill ... And yes, I sang the song in my head!!!!