Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can loose skin be minimized

Fellow Sleevers what things have worked to minimize loose skin or there's no such remedy?? While I'm beside myself with excitement I'm equally worried about excessive loose skin. I plan to incorporate a lot of resistance training but wonder if creams or lotions help and if so what brands?

Hey CC,

I use bio oil plus palmers cocoa butter moisturiser however would like to hear from others too.

I am badly scarred with stretch marks - always have had them ever since puberty so I'm predisposed to it.

My worst areas are my stomach and arms. The surgeon said give it another year for my skin to 'catch up' as it moves slower than the weight loss. I am trying to do as much pump class as I can- weight training - to build up my lean muscle for definition. I've lost over 100 pounds but really can't complain - the skin isn't so bad I just feel a little 'squishy' lol and you have to give the body some credit as the cms go!

Hope this helps!

Bella omggggggg look at you you look great. I absolutely cannot wait to get sleeved and began the journey to change my life. I feel mentally and physically ready. My knees kill me with exercise and long days when I'm on my feet for extended periods the bottom of my feet burn and hurt so bad. You look great kudos to you! I will look up the bio oil. Thanks girly!

I haven't been sleeved yet so I can't say from experience, but I am nervous too. I've read that skin brushing works well. So I will probably try that with some cocoa butter. Here's to hoping!

I haven't been sleeved yet so I can't say from experience, but I am nervous too. I've read that skin brushing works well. So I will probably try that with some cocoa butter. Here's to hoping!

Skin brushing is rarely acknowledged on here, but I've heard it really firms up the skin if you do it every day before your shower.

I've never heard of skin brushing. Can you share some info on how this is done and the concept behind it?

Edited by CurvyCakes

Skin brushing you take a dry body brush and brush your skin in upward circular motions. It exfoliates and tightens the skin also claims to get rid of cellulite. I did it for a month and saw improvement in my skins texture it was softer. But it didn't seem firmer. Then I stopped and now I see less cellulite but I think it's from the walking I'm doing and my low cal eating. Sometimes I think I will give it another shot. It only takes a few min and it gives your skin a nice glow.

I lost a lot of weight doing the HCG diet and I thought my skin was so soft, but firm from the brushing. You brush toward your heart, not in circles is the way I did it though. It stimulates the skin cells to heal. If you have the right kind of all-natural Tampico brush it really works wonders. I just ordered me a new one off Amazon. I'm gonna start using it as soon as it arrives. The way I see it, it's definitely not gonna hurt your skin, and anything that will benefit, or could benefit, I'm gonna try.

April

I bought exfoliating gloves from Walgreen's. They were less than $5, over by the exfoliating Body Wash products. Then after my shower, I rub in Sweet Almond Oil or something with collagen in it.

I have only been doing this since September, but I have lost 37 pounds, and my skin is as soft as a newborn baby. Exfoliating is supposed to shed loose skin cells so that your body can make new ones, and moisturizing is supposed to help it recover some of its elasticity. I can only hope for the best. It's cheap enough, and at least my skin is remarkably soft for my age (62). My sleeve was 12/23/2013, and as soon as the doctor releases me for strength training, which should be Thursday, I will start strength training to avoid muscle loss. Good muscles will help fill out the skin.

Congrats on your 37lb lost that's awesome! Thanks for sharing. Just trying to collect as much info as I can on what works and didn't with hopes of at least reducing loose skin if I can't prevent it all together. My surgeon stressed the importance of exercise and especially resistance training.

Skin brushing is rarely acknowledged on here, but I've heard it really firms up the skin if you do it every day before your shower.

This (plus staying super hydrated and keeping up with my Protein goals) is what I'm trying. I bought a natural brush on Amazon, and have been following YouTube tutorials. I'm still early out -- six weeks post-op on Tuesday -- so it's way too early to tell, but I feel hopeful!