Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not doing good with foods!

I'm 3 weeks out and still can't eat pureed foods! I am sooooo frustrated, I have not graduated from full liquids yet. I tried a egg Monday and it did not do well with my stomach at all. It seems every food I try is bad for my stomach. Ok, through venting!

I'm 22 days out and just started puréed foods 5 days ago. I'm basically just doing my regular liquid diet and adding one puréed item/day. Puréed split pea Soup with Protein Powder, then mashed potatoes with Protein powder, then cottage cheese, and then egg whites. No more than 1/4 cup and taking 20-30 minutes to eat it. I had puréed tuna fish last night but only ate 1 tablespoon. Transitioning very slowly. There's a bunch of us on another thread "puréed food stage" having the same issues. Are you vomiting or just feeling lousy afterwards? I felt really crappy after I tried to eat too much split pea soup, but fine as long as I keep the portion small and eat really slow. Are you on an antacid or PPI?

Edited by Kindle

Hi, I was just sleeved 5 days ago. I am just wondering what the feeling is that you feel? How do you know it doesn't agree? Is it a pain you feel, vomiting, or dizzy? I have tried soft foods (like Apple sauce and yogurt) and I get this pain in my stomach, but it's the same pain when I drink Water. I'm just trying to figure out if It's my body trying to process or if I actually need to stay clear. What can you eat that doesn't make you sick?

I ate a lot of baby food my first two weeks. Now I am in soft foods and eating regular food from the kitchen, but I still put it through the blender and eat small amounts (1/4 cup). Once I ate a couple bites too much and got reflux for several hours. I have Omeprazole (a PPI) that I take every morning.

I ate a lot of baby food my first two weeks. Now I am in soft foods and eating regular food from the kitchen, but I still put it through the blender and eat small amounts (1/4 cup). Once I ate a couple bites too much and got reflux for several hours. I have Omeprazole (a PPI) that I take every morning.

I think I am going to have to go check into the baby food. I am not doing well on the stage two...can't drink anymore broth or creamed Soups. I made some Beans and I'm thinking I will mush those up to eat. I tasted one bean and it was the best taste ever! Haha. I was eating gogurts and they really agreed with my stomach until I saw they have 9 grams of sugar, so I cut those out. Even my applesauce (with no added sugar) is 15 grams of sugar. I wasn't too upset about the Apple sauce because it wasn't agreeing with my stomach. Hope I can find something in the baby food isle. Even if It's just fruit uhg.

I'm 3 weeks out and still can't eat pureed foods! I am sooooo frustrated, I have not graduated from full liquids yet. I tried a egg Monday and it did not do well with my stomach at all. It seems every food I try is bad for my stomach. Ok, through venting!

Me too, me too, me tooo!!!!!

You are not alone!

Shelby

​OK, note to self. Wait on the mushed up Beans. My stomach is having a party...it's sounds like a volcano getting ready to erupt!!! This sounds crazy!

Im in my third month and still can't do scrambled eggs or egg whites. I can do fried eggs though so not sure what's up with that. There's an egg custard recipe on bariatriceating that was a staple for me early on. It sits well on the stomach and is easy to make in individual portions. I also ate cream of chicken Soup, mash potatoes with processed chicken or turkey mixed in them, the broth from chicken noodle soup.. Keep trying different things. One week something won't work and two weeks later it will.

I just had yogurt mixed in with my chocolate cake cake batter Protein and I am in PAIN!!!!! I only had 3 small (and by small I mean tiny tip of spoon small) and I feel like I overate a flippin' entire turkey! I am soo discouraged to eat anything. I went on Amazon and bought two cookbooks, Weightloss Surgery Cookbook for Dummies and Eating well After WeightLoss Surgery delivered right to my Kindle. I can't go on another day with horrible food and horrible pains! Yes, I know it will get better, but that doesn't help the here and now!

I am 4 weeks out and have a terrible lump in the back of my throat. I am constantly gagging when I think of eating or drinking? I don't have pain in my stomach just feel nauseated ALL the time. I am taking protonics. Has anyone had this issue???

I just had yogurt mixed in with my chocolate cake cake batter Protein and I am in PAIN!!!!! I only had 3 small (and by small I mean tiny tip of spoon small) and I feel like I overate a flippin' entire turkey! I am soo discouraged to eat anything. I went on Amazon and bought two cookbooks, Weightloss Surgery Cookbook for Dummies and Eating well After WeightLoss Surgery delivered right to my Kindle. I can't go on another day with horrible food and horrible pains! Yes, I know it will get better, but that doesn't help the here and now!

I'm not surprised you are having issues. Your food stages seem awfully advanced. I was on liquids only for 17 days post op. I'm now 23 days out and can barely eat 1/4 cup of puréed anything no more than 2x day. Still getting most of my protein from shakes. Nibbling on Beans or even applesauce would have been out of the question for me at 6 days out. Maybe give yourself a little more time. Including my preop diet, I was on liquids only (shakes, broth, cream Soups, etc.) for 33 days, so you can do it! Hang in there.

Edited by Kindle

I am 4 weeks out and have a terrible lump in the back of my throat. I am constantly gagging when I think of eating or drinking? I don't have pain in my stomach just feel nauseated ALL the time. I am taking protonics. Has anyone had this issue???

I have the lump feeling and food does not sound good. I'm never nauseous but I have had the feeling that I may gag if I yet to eat. I wondered about the lump feeling. It's not a feeling of something stuck in my throat but like sitting down my esophagus

I'm not surprised you are having issues. Your food stages seem awfully advanced. I was on liquids only for 17 days post op. I'm now 23 days out and can barely eat 1/4 cup of puréed anything no more than 2x day. Still getting most of my Protein from shakes. Nibbling on Beans or even applesauce would have been out of the question for me at 6 days out. Maybe give yourself a little more time. Including my preop diet, I was on liquids only (shakes, broth, cream Soups, etc.) for 33 days, so you can do it! Hang in there.

My pre-op states I can have yogurt, very creamy, non-fat, no fruit. I have tried...and that obviously doesn't work. At this point everything is a turn off even broth. Applesauce doesn't sit well at all either (not to mention the high sugar). I will just be sticking to Water. My doctor has given me a complete step by step, but of course it's only for what you can handle (within each stage). Some can proceed a little faster than others. I'm not that person.

I have the lump feeling and food does not sound good. I'm never nauseous but I have had the feeling that I may gag if I yet to eat. I wondered about the lump feeling. It's not a feeling of something stuck in my throat but like sitting down my esophagus

The lump sensation is an indicator of excess acid.. have you been given a PPI to take?

I was given a ppi to take each day. I do that but still get the lump feeling