Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just a quick question. I do not eat a whole lot, I am averaging about 900- 1000 calories a day,

and measure out my portions usually. When I am finished eating my meal, or even drinking my

Protein Drink, I am usually pretty full. Not totally stuffed but I can feel that I cannot put another

bite in. Should I be stopping before I get to that point? It's hard to tell, and I am usually eating

about 1/2 cup. By the way, I am 3.5 months out. Thanks for any thoughts.

That's exactly how it is for me! I think I'm doing well. :) I have been over full however a few times and I do not like that feeling! That said I have this issue with not leaving any food on my plate. I'm dealing ok with it but still have to remind myself to put the freaking fork down some times lol I'm 4.5 months out now.

Your nose doesn't run or you sneeze when you have eaten enough...I do that and so do a lot of other sleevers....You have to start seeing the sign that tells you to stop eating..Even before when we were not sleeved our bodies gave us signals to stop eating...Like yawning or breathing deeply before we reached for more....Our brain tells us we are done and sends the signal to our body..we just used to ignore it...Now so that we don't get the pain of over eating we have to really pay attention to it or we will feel it and it really hurts.....

Your calories seem right to me for being 3.5 months. I just hit 3 months and I'm doing 800-900. About half a cup seems right as well. However, i guess it depends on what you're eating. I can eat a full cup of Soup, but only about 3 ounces of dense Protein.

Oh, and hiccups are my full indicator. Really LOUD hiccups.

I start to hiccup when my body tells me when I am full..even before I eat my 4 oz of food. If I take a bite after my first hiccup. The food does not sit well and , unfortunately have to go regurgitate it. ( apologize for the

grossness. )

I just ate a brat, oh it was good. I was full at 3/4 of it. No room for the rice a roni, and steamed veggies. I'm two years out and it just depends what I'm eating but I have total restriction with solid Protein. Love my sleeve. But can be frustrating at times.

Thank you guys all so much for your input! I honestly don't seem to have any signals, but I think I do know, I just choose to ignore it! At this point, still, all I am eating is Protein, so that is probably why I fill up so fast. I just hope I am not stretching my sleeve out.

There is one thing I notice with having the sleeve. I no longer have that "just full and satisfied feeling" like I had with a regular stomach. It's like.. eating, eating, FULL.

I'm getting a revision from the band to the sleeve next Thursday. I was successful with the band while I had it for almost 1 1/2 years, before it slipped a few times. At the point where it's going to keep slipping so we're opting to remove it & get the sleeve instead. Having definite pain & taking liquid vicodin for it once a day, at night, to help soothe it.

With the band, when I was full, I would burp, like a sailor. And I do mean, like a sailor. Not very lady-like at all.

I'm praying the sleeve will continue working for me & keep me satisfied. I think I'll be able to sense when I'm full, but hopefully without burping & throwing up like I used to. It was not pleasant at all.

I'd love to hear from other fellow banders to sleevers....

There is a whole forum for band to sleeve revisions here. I am sure you will find a lot of helpful feedback there. :)

I had my sleeve on 12/04/13 was back at work on 12/09/13. I still have a problem knowing when I am full. I am following the phases after my surgery I was given. I am down 29 lbs. My biggest issue is finding the time and energy to exercise. I have started to walk for 30 minutes after work. I am trying to read and learn every thing I can about this. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcomed.

An exercise for us: Get a meal ready, sit in a silent room, no distractions. Eat very slowly, take a lot of time between bites, concentrate on what you feel. You are training yourself to listen to the feelings, to catch the signals. Keep asking yourself as you go whether you are full.

A few times doing this may make you more sensitive to the work of the sleeve. Too much sensory input clouds our judgement.

There is one thing I notice with having the sleeve. I no longer have that "just full and satisfied feeling" like I had with a regular stomach. It's like.. eating, eating, FULL.

That is exactly how it feels for me - much easier to become uncomfortable suddenly. I guess that is part of why we eat slowly.

I am still trying to figure out my full signal. I have noticed that after a few bites suddenly the food on my plate looks unappealing and not appetizing at all. When I start to push it around with my fork I throw it away.

I am still trying to figure out my full signal. I have noticed that after a few bites suddenly the food on my plate looks unappealing and not appetizing at all. When I start to push it around with my fork I throw it away.

Me too. I get a thought that goes through my head like "ugh why am I still eating?" That's one of my signals to stop.