Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all you Wonderful Bander's, I have had mine for 3 years on April Fool's Day 2007!! I love it. I have had many fills and unfills right now I am empty, I got an IUD in about a year ago and my band has been way to tight since then, (I guess it's my hormones) so I'm empty right now and not loosing. I have forgotten how to eat properly and could use some help and advice. I also get slimeing alot! Does anyone else here have that problem too?

Top Weight 272 lbs. 2/04 Size 22/24 (mostly 24)

Pre-Surgery 252 lbs. 4/1/04

lowest 186 lbs. 3/06

Current 202 lbs. 3/07 Size 14/16 (leaning more to 16) ;)

Goal is about 165 lbs. Want to be a healthy size 10.

As you can see since emptying my band I have not been well behaved and I have gained. It is hard to start over I'm frustrated.

Help Please,

Ash

Hi Ash! Welcome! There is alot of wonderful people on here that will be more than happy to help you along. I haven't been banded yet, I'm waiting on insurance approval and hope to be soon. Enjoy your stay here!

HI, Ashwood and welcome!

I'm right there with you. I'm 3 years out as of Feb. 25th. I'm actually going to see my surgeon in an hour and I suspect I will be starting over, as well. I just hope that everything is alright with the band. I have had a lot of pain lately and pretty much no restriction. My surgeon seems confident that I will just need to be un-filled for a while to heal the irritation and then start all over. I, however, am fearing major complications such as catastrophic slippage. The pain is very real, and I have let it go on for about 3 or 4 months. I'm now on my way to face the music and learn what is going on. I'm very nervous, but ready to find out and get myself back on track.

Best,

ABP

Ash, can you go back in for a fill to gain some additional restriction?

I tried that about 3 weeks ago and I got 1cc on thursday afternoon and by friday I was being rushed back in to have all removed because I could not even keep Water down. So now I'm just trying to decide if I take out my I U D and go back to the pill and see if that will change things or just deal with it. My theory is that when a woman's cycle hits it bloats the stomach causing the band to be tighter and my stomach is now pretty much always bloated so it is always to tight. I don't know maybe I'm just a little bit nuts.

Ash

Ash, that could totally be true. Its up to you whether or not you want your IUD out. I really hope you get the restriction you are looking for and that you can continue to lose the weight.

HI, Ashwood and welcome!

I'm right there with you. I'm 3 years out as of Feb. 25th. I'm actually going to see my surgeon in an hour and I suspect I will be starting over, as well. I just hope that everything is alright with the band. I have had a lot of pain lately and pretty much no restriction. My surgeon seems confident that I will just need to be un-filled for a while to heal the irritation and then start all over. I, however, am fearing major complications such as catastrophic slippage. The pain is very real, and I have let it go on for about 3 or 4 months. I'm now on my way to face the music and learn what is going on. I'm very nervous, but ready to find out and get myself back on track.

Best,

ABP

I hope you have not had a slip, if for no other reason than you DO NOT want to drink that stuff they do the barium swallow test with. I did it in Feb and it is aweful, nasty, disgusting, etc. Keep us updated as to what happened and what your doctor has advised.