Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on Dec. 27th and I feel like I've done really well. No real pain, stiches look good, no nausea, feeling good. Then I came back to work today. I felt good most of the morning but I spend alot of time on my feet and standing and walking. And now it feels like the muscle that my port is attached to is on fire! I'm sure I just need to sit down and let it relax, but boy oh boy, not pleasant!

Ouch Misty. Take a rest, put your feet up for a bit and put some ice on that port site if you can that will really help. You need to heal my friend, don't push too far too fast and regret it later.

You just had major surgery, give yourself permission to rest and some extra TLC.

I also had surgery on 12/27 but I don't go back to work til next week. Have you tried an ice pack or heating pad?

Hope you can go to light duty or partial days this week so you can recover fully! Every one is different as far as recovery time, etc., but one thing we all have in common is our bodies will tell us when we need to slow down! Best wishes to you -- what a great time to be banded at the beginning of this brand new year.

Glad things in general going well. The only thong I can think of is to listen to your body. Tired? Sit down. Walking is difficult? Sit down. Ice never hurts. If you are really sore tomorrow, can you take time off for a day or half day.

Please be careful. No need to be in more pain then necessary.

Have a good day!

Thanks for all the support. No one at work knows about my surgery so it's nice to just get some feed back from people who understand. There's no option to take more time off so I am just pacing my days the best I can. I am home now with my feet up and a cup of hot tea. Feeling much better! I'm sure it's just that muscle wall that the port is stitched to getting irritated with too much moving around. A hot shower and a good night's sleep and hopefully tomorrow will be better..

at most pharmacies you can buy a binder. it goes around your belly. it will hold your band in place until it heals a bit better. a back brace turned backwards will do it to. even a ace wrap might work. something to help keep that band from moving. i wish you well

I too went back to work today was banded on 12 26 , my job is a school cafeteria manager, did alright until I had to bend over that seems to be very uncomfortable. Got home put my feet up and starting to feel better.

at most pharmacies you can buy a binder. it goes around your belly. it will hold your band in place until it heals a bit better. a back brace turned backwards will do it to. even a ace wrap might work. something to help keep that band from moving. i wish you well

This sounds like exactly what I need. Seems I jiggle too much! I wish I would have seen this earlier, I would have gone to the store and gotten one.

Edited by MistyfortheMountain

I'm 3 weeks post-op. Today was my first day back too. Unfortunately it was the first day in jeans, sitting upright and against a desk. My port was making itself known as well. Ice does sound good except that I'm already cold, lol. My fiancé suggested a binder or Spanx or whatever tomorrow. My surgeon had stated it could take a couple of months for the muscles to get used to the port. I hope you feel better soon Misty.

congrats to all those recently banded......go slow, pace yourself and take care

My first day back too!! I was banded 12/26. I am an elementary school teacher, but I was able to work in a little more sitting than usual. My biggest issue is the incision under my breastbone. I picked the wrong bra to wear to work. Other than that, no complaints. Congrats to everyone and happy healing!!

I work at an elementary school also with developmentally delayed 3-5 year olds. They don't let you sit very much! LOL I had a problem with my bra earlier in the week and had bought some very unflattering but comfortable sports bras to wear for a while. So at least that wasn't a problem. Good luck to all of us heading back out into the fray again tomorrow. And stay warm!!