Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where in Mass. is everyone from?

Ginger,

i hope you dont mind me asking but i have my consultation 6/26 what did you weigh at your consultation and how much do you have to lose before the surgery?

Hi Stargazer6213,

Pam the NP said I would need to loose about 7-10 lbs before my final appointment with her and then lose an additional 7-10 prior to my surgery date.They ask you to lose the weight to help shrink the liver and hopefully practice some of the lifestyle changes that will occur afterward.

Hey Bestarcher.

How are your feeling after having your surgery on the 24th? I am looking at having mine done by the same doctor. I welcome any feed back from your experiences.

Eileen

Great meeting tonight. I feel much lighter, emotionally. It was very inspirational to see the gentleman who just had his surgery to be up and mobile. I am really excited about the surgery. I meet w/ Corrine at the end of June and hopefully, I will have my weight lost so that I can be cleared for surgery.

Eileen

hi

I'm from North Reading banded on May 24 at Layhey in Burlington

Scott

Hi Eileen. We met at Lahey support group ! I'm feel great, walking 30 mints a day . No paine at all. just sick of broath and Jello . I'm getting hungry at night I'm on the way to meet with the Dr now 1 week check up so i guss i can add cottage cheese to my diet I have been very happy with the hole team at Lahey they are like family my Dr has been great I would highly recomend them to any one . Best of luck I know you be as happy as I am !

Scott

Greetings,

I am thrilled to find this site from Mass --- I have started the journey --- insurance approved -- had two appointments -- another one on Monday -- a test on Tuesday --- it will be a journey that I am looking forward to traveling to get to my surgery date.

Blessing to each of you,

Anni

PS -- I will be here often - as I am sure I will have many questions.

PPS -- I am from Westborough -- and having my surgery in Concord, MA

Good luck Anniecakes! It is a long journey but well worth it. I am almost 3 weeks out and have lost 21 lbs! I feel great!

Maureen

Good luck Anniecakes! It is a long journey but well worth it. I am almost 3 weeks out and have lost 21 lbs! I feel great!

Maureen

Thanks, Maureen --- Are you on soft foods or liquids still?

I just started on soft foods yesterday. They still do not go down that great, I guess you have to take it really slow!!

Best of luck!

I just started on soft foods yesterday. They still do not go down that great, I guess you have to take it really slow!!

Best of luck!

Hi -- again...

I have read a lot about some foods getting stuck or not going down ---

Sorry, if this is gross -- but,if it gets stuck -- does it come back up -- or just takes a while to go down.

Is it hard to swallow.

Thanks again,

Anni

Hi Everyone! I am wondering if anyone from Rhode Island has been banded, and by whom? I will be seeing Dr. Dieter Phol on June 28th for my first appointment. His office is located in Johnston, RI. Has anyone heard of him or used him? He does the surgery at Roger Williams General Hospital in Providence. He has a great reputation from what I hear. He also did the seminar that I attended in April and I was impressed with his overall demeanor. Hope to hear from someone in RI soon. Thanks, Deb