Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is a great day!

Saw my doctor for my follow-up appointment. He said that I'm doing wonderfully as far as my loss (18 lbs since day of surgery...by his scales), and he even gave me a .6cc fill after the fill/unfill fiasco of last week!

Oddly, he didn't say anything about going on liquids for a couple of days because of the fill. :welldoneclap:

A lot of the people I went through pre-op and surgery with were there too. Some had only lost like 7 lbs, and one had lost 30 lbs, so I guess I'm just average...and that's fine :Banane20:

Helen, you are doing great! If you are worried about your doctor not mentioning going on liquids do liquids for 1 day then mushies then solids. You will be fine. Good luck.

Helen,

I went and got my 2nd fill today--it's clearly "Fill Day."!! i looked at your blog--you are looking GREAT!

i managed to lose 3 lbs since the first fill, 1 month ago--even tho i felt hardly any restriction. This time-i think i can DEFINITELY feel restriction--i hope it's enough to keep me full, or at least--able to eat less. would really like to be losing at least 1, if not more, lb a week, steadily!

good luck on continued weight loss!

best wishes,

girlin

nyc

Great job! My doc always has me do liquids the remainder of the day of the fill. You might want to check and see what your doc recommends though because they are all different!

Thanks all :welldoneclap:

Again, it strikes me as odd how different all these doctors are with their rules!

Girl - thanks for the compliment :Banane20:

Hi Helen,

I think you are doing great. I had surgery 2 days after you and am down 18. Last week was my 1st week on solids and I didn't loose any, so may be time for my 1st fill. I had so much restriction after surgery that I'm a little scared. I'm traveling next week with work, so I'll have to schedule the week after, just hope I don't gain. I'm not real hungry but can tell I'm eating more like a full cup now versus 1/2 to 3/4. Still having problems drinking enough Water. Always been a gulper.

Congrats on your successes!

Thanks Skinny :welldoneclap:

Yeah, you sound like you're ready for a fill. After my fiasco, I urge you to go slow. Dr. B was somewhat surprised that the fill clinic did a 1.2cc fill on me. He said they aren't usually that aggressive on a first fill. He gave me .6cc and I can tell the difference. I'm able to eat, but 1/4c is pretty much my limit tonight!