Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Support To Get Back On The Wagon!

I got banded on March 19th, 2013. I rapidly lost 34 lbs. I'm struggling because I gained about 20 lbs. back. I've had adjustments, a bunch actually and I'd love to have support to get me back on the right track!!!

Nothing wrong with asking your doctor and or dietitian for help. Call Monday morning and try to see someone this week. Also, you can go back to post-op diet of shakes and get a jump start.

Good luck.

<p><span style="color:#800080;"><span style="font-size:14px;">Nothing wrong with asking your doctor and or dietitian for help. Call Monday morning and try to see someone this week. Also, you can go back to post-op diet of shakes and get a jump start.</span></span></p> <p><span style="color:#800080;"><span style="font-size:14px;">Good luck.</span></span></p>

I was thinking of just doing the 2 ozs. of food, the shakes, fat free frozen yogurt etc. like you said. Thanks for the reply and I will call my doc on Monday.

In my experience as a Bander (4 1/2 yrs) and as a dietitian (11 years), it's not about the food...it's about what's EATING YOU. Your phone call on Monday needs to be to your therapist. We have the duty to ourselves to put forth the work on our heads because afterall, it was our heads that told us to get overweight.

You are 1,000% correct!!! It is a mental thing about eating. Perhaps I will mention it when I see my therapist this Tuesday. For me, just like everyone....I love food. I have to just get back to the basics again to get back on track. Thanks for the reply!!!

Kristen - I feel your pain! Band or no band, our emotional attachment to food is VERY powerful. I agree a gazillion percent with BandedDietician above.....it's not about the food! In order to get back on track, your brain/motivation needs to get back on track. It's very difficult when you lose your "mind" on the whole thing. I hope you're able to pull back on the reins sooner than later. It would be a shame to go all the way back to square one. Just try and focus on why you went through this surgery in the first place. It was a huge undertaking, and you were off to a very good start. You can do this!!

Thanks for the replies!!! For now I'm going to get back to the basics from the point post op where you can eat food but only a few ounces. I go on January 15th to my doc's to drink that contrast liquid so he can see my band's placement and if it's okay etc. I know me and just like everyone here, I love food and I know loving food means not giving it up but taking it in moderation.