Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

eat too much.

dear all

band fitted 7th feb 07 9mil mid band.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

i am very worried about my band, i didn't eat until late last night and was over hungry by then, i had a beef sandwich which i gobbled down before thinking, by the time i realised it was too late i could feel every bit struggling to go down burped allot, it did go down, i haven't eat since, it feels like there's discomfort just below my throat, i have had Water and can feel every drop going down slower than usual and got a slight discomfort under my left breast and back, i am so frightened i have done damage to my band, as my band is unfilled, i feel as if i have done something can you help please, if the band had slipped what are the symptoms of that or do you think i have done something else to it please pleases can anyone help me with this thank you all so much.

<o:p></o:p>

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"></st1:place></st1:City>

sharonxx:phanvan

That has happened to me many times over the last three years. It is just a sign that your food got "stuck". You ate to fast and also the bread may have something to do with it. I can't eat bread at all. Slow down the eating, I know it is hard to do when you are used to eating like you have always done but trust me it helps. My doctor recomends to set down the fork after each bite. I hope this will help. Oh sometimes Water after you get stuck like this will make it much worse and all I can do to feel better it throw up. (I know that is gross but it helps)

Ashlee

Welcome to the land of the band. The first time that I did this I thought Oh My God I am having a heart attack. The pain was so intense. If you can drink Water than you should be ok. The next few days go back on your liquid diet. You may have inflammatin to stoma. meat is the worst for me. Warm liquids also help. After 2 days if you are still in distress call your physican. I have had food get stuck in the stoma and if I drank water it came back up with such force it was unreal. Eventually you will learn the foods to stay away from. chicken and bread are the worst for me. I can feel this pressure in my chest and it is huge bell that is saying you better stop or you will be sorry. I was scared all the time that my band was going to slip. My surgeon told me that he actually sutures the band into the stomach like a pouch and is very hard for it to slip. I felt so much better after I found that out. You should talk to your doctor about your fear. Good Luck and Good Weight Loss.

Thank You So Much! I Have Been So Worried About Slipage Since Last Night. I Wasn't Sick Though, So I Think That Might Be A Good Thing. Once Again Thank You Very Much, I'll Keep You Posted! Love Sharon x

You are probably irritated right now. If you feel like you can't eat move to liquids for a day then mushy stage for a day. You should be fine. I would be shocked if you slipped your band. You probably just go irritation with pouch packing. Good luck.

Yep, sounds like you got stuck and and enduring the residual irritation and swelling. Irritation would be the discomfort, and swelling would be feeling the Water go through. Be sure to take it easy for the next day or, in your case, two or three. Go back to basics if need be - living on Protein shakes and warm Soups for a few days won't kill you. Then you can do an accelerated progression back to normal foods. If you continue to irritate, you can swell shut (kind of) and that will put you in a bad spot, so take it easy.

*ETA - none of us are doctors ( I think) and can only share our own advice and experiences. If you're truly concerned about something you have done or are feeling, consult your surgeon.

Been On Liquids Since Last Night, But Im Due For My First Fill On Friday 23rd March. Do You Think I'll Be Ok To Go Ahead And Have It Done, Because Not Being Restricted Put Me In This Mess In The First Place And The Sooner I Can Get Some Fills Done, The Better I Hope. Any Info, Would Be So Appreciated, Thank You All, Love Sharon x

i also had this happen alot to me before a fill and i too had to get it out to feel better i had my first fill and it seem not to happen as much but it is probally because i am learning to slow down and eat smaller bites which is the reason for this hell any way i had my second fill and it is happening a little more so my doc. said to divide my meal into 4 sections and make it last over about a 25 min period and it is hard for me because i have always been a fast eater but it helps alot and if you eat too fast you dont feel the fullness when it really hits because you are already done then stuffed.:speechles

So Is The Pain On The Left Side Of My Back And Breast And Rib Area Normal? Love Sharon x

I get my pain in my left shoulder. Man it is awful!! I would go ahead and get the fill done on the 23rd but talk to the Doctor and let know what happened he will probably tell you the same stuff we are. After a fill you will (or should be) on liquids the rest of the day and soft foods the next day then back to normal. Oh and don't look at the needle.

Ash

hiya everyone,

been on liquids for two days now, discomfort is easeing, still can feel the drinks going down but not as bad, thank you all for shareing your knowledge with me i was so worried that i'd slipped my band.

love sharonx

That has happened to me many times over the last three years. It is just a sign that your food got "stuck". You ate to fast and also the bread may have something to do with it. I can't eat bread at all. Slow down the eating, I know it is hard to do when you are used to eating like you have always done but trust me it helps. My doctor recomends to set down the fork after each bite. I hope this will help. Oh sometimes Water after you get stuck like this will make it much worse and all I can do to feel better it throw up. (I know that is gross but it helps)

Ashlee

Ditto Ashlee....I never thought throwing up would feel so good as when something gets 'stuck', and I'm only 4 weeks out!