Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i'm new hiya everyone.

hellow everyone

i'm new my name is sharon, 34 years old, had a mid band fitted 7th feb 07, not had a fill yet i'm strugging with it and started to over eat quite alot,last night i did'nt eat all day and i was over hungry i ate a beef sandwich (sorry now though) before i new it i had gobbled the lot down without thinking,it did'nt hurt but i felt every bit go down with great difficulty since then i have been on liquids i feel like there's a obstruction low down in my throat and discomfort in my left side of my breast and back i am terrified that i have sliped my band can anyone help me please please any information would be so much appreciated right now thank you so much

love sharonxx:phanvan

Hey Sharon! I wouldn't know if you slipped your band or not. I would make an appointment with your doctor. You may have just over ate and having been on liquids, your stomach wasn't used to it. I'm sorry I don't have any info for you. For your peace of mind, call the doc. It's better to err on the side of caution. Good luck!

I would continue on the liquids for a full 24 hours, and then slowly begin trying to add in mushies again. If you do have an obstruction, the liquids, may help move it on through, and if not, you will know it when you try to eat again.

You might try sipping on some pineapple juice. Sometimes the acidity in it, can help break down some foods that back up on us. For instance---bread, which would have been on your sandwich, sometimes is too big to pass through the stoma, and as it gathers in the pouch it just rolls itself into a big ball of dough. Sometimes the pineapple juice can help break down foods of that nature. If you have beef stuck, it likely will not be enough to help.

You can also buy papaya enzyme that is a bit stronger, to try to do the same thing.

It might be in your best interest, both physically, and mentally to call and at least talk to your Dr. and see what he/she recommends.

Some of our lessons are VERY hard learned! But you are far from the only one to ever do this!!! On the bright side---it is a lesson you will never forget! Hang in there sharon----

Kat

hellow everyone

i'm new my name is sharon, 34 years old, had a mid band fitted 7th feb 07, not had a fill yet i'm strugging with it and started to over eat quite alot,last night i did'nt eat all day and i was over hungry i ate a beef sandwich (sorry now though) before i new it i had gobbled the lot down without thinking,it did'nt hurt but i felt every bit go down with great difficulty since then i have been on liquids i feel like there's a obstruction low down in my throat and discomfort in my left side of my breast and back i am terrified that i have sliped my band can anyone help me please please any information would be so much appreciated right now thank you so much

love sharonxx:phanvan

Sharon,

I'm pretty sure you didn't have a slip. I have had problems with daily vomitting for the last year and vomitting is one of the easiest ways to have a slip. I just had a barium swallow done to see if I had a slip and I have not. I would not worry to much. Like I mentioned yesterday just slow down your eating and go to soft foods till the pain eases up. When I get that pain a lot of the time it is an air bubble from drinking to fast, a good burp helps. Good Luck

Ash