Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best fiber to take????

Just wondering what would be the best Fiber brand to take??? I also heard that fiber will keep you full longer, is that true???

Should I take it before I eat or after?????

I got my 1st fill 1.4 cc 2wks ago, and I do not fell it..I am hungry and can eat a lot...I have gained 4 lbs, and I don't want to keep gaining.....:help:

Any advise would help.....

Thanks.....

My aunt is banded and eats the fiber Cookies and has no problems with them, but I was told to be careful with taking fiber supplements as they can expand in the pouch and possibly stretch it or even clump together and get stuck. I haven't been brave enough to try it though. I was thinking of buying some all bran Cereal though and adding a little to a bit of yogurt for Breakfast. Haven't done it yet though.

Just wondering what would be the best fiber brand to take??? I also heard that fiber will keep you full longer, is that true???

Should I take it before I eat or after?????

I got my 1st fill 1.4 cc 2wks ago, and I do not fell it..I am hungry and can eat a lot...I have gained 4 lbs, and I don't want to keep gaining.....:help:

Any advise would help.....

Thanks.....

Hi! Protein is what will keep you feeling full the longest. How close are you to getting 60 grams a day? This web site was recommended as a good way to track what you are eating so you can be sure to get it all in.

Click here: FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal

Also, it is not uncommon for the first fill to not last very long. I was told it is often absorbed in part and to view it as "priming the pump" for future fills.

As far as fiber goes, (your original question! :) ) I have joined the ranks of those who follow the ways of Tired Old Man and worship at the holy altar of Shredded Wheat.

Best Wishes,

Jo Ann

I currently use benefiber. It disolves in liquids really easily so I just mix some in with my Protein Shake (unjury) or my husband's ice tea or whatever. You honestly can't tell its there. I've been taking fiber for years-- its good for the digestive track ( I have a minor case of IBS and it really helps with that and I don't get enough in my diet without supplementing it.

I'm with Kyethra on this one. Benefiber is the way to go. It dissolves completely so you don't have to worry about it clumping up. My doc said that if you need a fiber supplement, take benefiber.