Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tortilla chips for the soul

So I had my second fill and boy was that a difference. I actually had to go back to my doc so he could remove some Fluid because I was so tight I could not even get liquids down. After he removed 0.5ccs I was feeling much better. The only thing is now I can't really get any solids down before 1:00 pm and the first couple of bites are usually really rough. The only thing I can eat (usually without fail) are tortilla chips (which are tasty to me b/c I am Texan), and any kind of Soup. I haven't really tried any solid Protein because I don't want to experience any more "flamming golf balls". Does anyone have any advice as to what foods go down easy but are better for you than tortilla chips. I am eating the "wow" chips but that's no fun with olestra and all...

Thanks for all the advice,

Ginger

I have the exact symptoms that you do. I can't eat anything until noon time. At noon I have a Protein Shake with 25 grams of Protein. I then proceed to eat 1-2 oz of tuna fish mixed with mayo and relish, no bread. I often snack on almonds, yogurt or cheese sticks. I eat just a tiny bit of protein at dinner. I consume 800-1k calories a day on this diet. I try and sneak in a non fat latte during the day too. I love the caffeine. Also, the golf ball feeling you are getting sounds exactly like what I get. My surgeon said it was more like first bite syndrome. It usually passes then you can proceed to eat. You just have to take it slow.

I frequently eat Mexican food. There's no reason we can't have it. :welldoneclap: Unless you personally don't tolerate something... in which case, order it sans. :Banane20:

Ok, for some reason my brain read "nasty" not "tasty". I live near the border, so I'm all about Mexican food! Just can't overindulge...

We are doing enchiladas for dinner tonight!!! DH is having some issues with his esophagus, and we are limited to soft foods---so I thought this fit the bill, and would be yummy too!!! I guess I should get busy with it though or it will be midnight when we eat!!

Mexican is my favorite too!

Have you tried the drink of warm Water before begining to eat? I am way tighter in the morning. I usually manage a half a container or so of yogurt, with some granola thrown in, but I have to push to get 1/2 in. By afternoon I can eat the entire container as snack and never have a problem!

Good Luck!!!

Kat

I am a slow loser too, I was wondering: do you eat "around" the band? I tend to find ways I can still eat, like potato chips, popcorn. I wondered if this interferes with your progress like it does mine.

Do you have any other foods like the Tortilla chips with flax at Trader Joes that you could recommend?