Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3rd day after surgery

I ended up spending New Year's Eve at the hospital. I just don't feel hungry. I only had few ounces of liquid throughout the day. Today I am having tea and I love it. I really want to go home. I just don't feel hungry at all. My tummy is little swollen but the pain is not bad at all. I took a walk already and I felt just fine. It's just hard to drink because if my stomach doesn't like it, it comes right back. I am liking warms drinks better then cold. Yesterday I couldn't drink plain Water but today it was much better. I hope they will let me go. Miss my family. I didn't tell any of my family members except my mom and 2 sisters and my 3 closest friends. Everyone thought I had kidney stones and I had my kidneys cleaned bc of infections. No one needs to know. I will keep this a secret because it's only my business. Last night I kept dreaming of eating French fries and drinking soda. I do miss it. But thinking how skinny I will be and how I won't feel embarrassed of my weight, I am beyond happy. I guess it's true that it only gets better. Can't wait to lose some weight. I was 213 going to surgery and hopefully by summer I will be 140 at least :)

So sorry you are having this problem and at the hospital! But it will get better. Funny how some have these problems and some do not. If you are keeping Water and tea down you should be getting better. Take it easy and just keep sipping and sipping and laugh at how we used to guzzle down everything LOL!

I am with you, no gossip about my health being shared with the masses. Our nosy neighbor has been hounding my husband for a year to get surgery. We told no one except daughter and a nurse friend.

You and I both hope to be 140 in the summer!!! Get better! Happy New Year!!!

I'm glad you are feeling better since your last post. I feel for you in wanting to go home. I spent about 2 days in the hospital (admitted at 10 am Monday and was allowed to leave at 7p.m. Tuesday) and i was chomping at the bits to go home.

If warm drinks feel good right now, then i think that's what you should have. Just as long as you are getting your fluids. It's something i struggle with. I know you can do all those things. Just keep up the good attitude, use us here on bp as a resource and for support and get in those proteins(lol).

I felt like a prisoner for too long in my body. Now i'm clawing my way to freedom. We can do this!

So sorry you are having this problem and at the hospital! But it will get better. Funny how some have these problems and some do not. If you are keeping Water and tea down you should be getting better. Take it easy and just keep sipping and sipping and laugh at how we used to guzzle down everything LOL! I am with you, no gossip about my health being shared with the masses. Our nosy neighbor has been hounding my husband for a year to get surgery. We told no one except daughter and a nurse friend. You and I both hope to be 140 in the summer!!! Get better! Happy New Year!!!

Thank you so much. Yea it's getting better. I am finally going home today. Couldn't be happier. I hope I'll be able to drink when I get home.

Happy New Years to you also. We will be some skinny asses with a hot bathing suit hahha :) yay us. It's so worth it. I will miss food but thinking how nice I will look and not be ashamed of my body makes me smile and work really hard

I'm glad you are feeling better since your last post. I feel for you in wanting to go home. I spent about 2 days in the hospital (admitted at 10 am Monday and was allowed to leave at 7p.m. Tuesday) and i was chomping at the bits to go home. If warm drinks feel good right now, then i think that's what you should have. Just as long as you are getting your fluids. It's something i struggle with. I know you can do all those things. Just keep up the good attitude, use us here on bp as a resource and for support and get in those proteins(lol). I felt like a prisoner for too long in my body. Now i'm clawing my way to freedom. We can do this!

I've been at the hospital since 5:30am on Monday and so ready to go home. I am loving the broth and tea. Need to tell my sis to buy me some since I didn't buy any for home. I am so happy to have you guys here. You are my supportive friends which I appreciate having you guys. Can't wait to lose weight OMG

Yea! Yes, you must have the broth!!!!! Winter and warmth go together. Make sure she gets you at least a could jars/boxes of bouillion til you can get out to shop. You can also make some lowfat broth yourself. Get rest and heal. You keep that great ATTITUDE!!!!

Yea! Yes, you must have the broth!!!!! Winter and warmth go together. Make sure she gets you at least a could jars/boxes of bouillion til you can get out to shop. You can also make some lowfat broth yourself. Get rest and heal. You keep that great ATTITUDE!!!!

Thank you sweetheart. I am so excited for this journey. Couldn't be happier. First day I was regretting but now I am good and luckily don't feel much pain :)

We are in this together :) happy to join that bench

Hoping you get to go home soon!

I got dehydrated on Day 3 and it wasn't fun - called the doc and he suggested Propel Zero, Vitamin Water Zero and Powerade Zero (all zero calorie drinks) because I just couldn't stomach plain Water (plain water felt gritty in my mouth for some reason). Propel Zero is my go-to drink now. I buy it by the case. I also just got some Just Orange, Just Lemon and Just Lime packets - I can drink water with a packet of those now as well. I drink my water at room temp.

When you're farther out and you're wanting to get in your Protein mins (with food and with shakes), I found putting myself on a schedule helped. If I waited until I was hungry, I would have never eaten. That may help you.

Best of luck to you!

Hoping you get to go home soon! I got dehydrated on Day 3 and it wasn't fun - called the doc and he suggested Propel Zero, Vitamin Water Zero and Powerade Zero (all zero calorie drinks) because I just couldn't stomach plain water (plain water felt gritty in my mouth for some reason). Propel Zero is my go-to drink now. I buy it by the case. I also just got some Just Orange, Just Lemon and Just Lime packets - I can drink water with a packet of those now as well. I drink my water at room temp. When you're farther out and you're wanting to get in your Protein mins (with food and with shakes), I found putting myself on a schedule helped. If I waited until I was hungry, I would have never eaten. That may help you. Best of luck to you!

Thank you for the wonderful info. Hopefully I will be ok. I am going home now and I hope I get a fast recovery. Where can u get just lime just lemon just organs packets?

One thing I have learned here in 3 months is not to buy in bulk. LOL. I choke on the Vitamin Water and Propel and I have 23 sitting here. I have another 24 bottle of something orange I cannot drink, I have powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Soup (lots) because I love Soup, just not lukewarm like it has to be or it clumps.

I bought the Bariatric Advantage Vitamins, too chalky for me. I take the liquid and give the others to my husband who doesn't care. I know they are good but now I can be more selective and not running scared to make sure the house is in order.

From now on I will be more patient and not try to stock up, and try maybe 2 of something before buying more.

I am thankful for the sharing.

Crystal Light is our go-to because you can drink it and also flavor shakes with the powder. Love the Crystal Light Peach Tea.

donaboss, thanks for sharing your journey. My own is starting very soon and it's so good to hear everything about how you're doing. Your journey and the awesome responses your getting helps us who are preparing for the plunge! I'm glad to hear you're feeling well and I know you'll get to go home soon. The anticipation is going to make coming home that much sweeter! Every time I come home from a long trip, I walk in the door, yell, "MY STUFF!" and plop on my bed. lol Prayers going up for you, hun!

Thank you for the wonderful info. Hopefully I will be ok. I am going home now and I hope I get a fast recovery. Where can u get just lime just lemon just organs packets?

I purchased mine on Amazon.com - I got all three for $12 or something like that. I can't get them at my local grocery store, but you might check there first.