Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to start incorporating more Protein in my diet to ease the transition (I hope to.get sleeved in June)- would love to hear advice about which stores/websites have the lowest prices. I am vegetarian so shakes and powders would be especially helpful. Also, are there ways to sign up for free samples or coupons? Thanks!

I bought the Protein powders from my doctor at first for the convenience. I discovered EAS Protein powder at Walmart which our nutritionist approved. We were told make sure the word "blend" is not in the powder description on the label. Also, nutritionally speaking about Protein (with very low carbs and sugars) Quest Protein Bars have been my choice. 1 bar will feed me and my husband if we are away from home several hours, and were to need something. There are a lot of so called Protein Bars that have more sugar and carbs than protein, so read those labels!!!!!

You can get unjury protein powders online, unflavored. The problem I have with Unjury is I like HOT Soups and food and you can only heat it to lukewarm as far as I am concerned. Or it gets lumpy. I bought the chicken Soup packets and it sits here. I do not want lukewarm Soup. I will experiment with it soon I guess as I don't want to waste it.

Vegetarian refried Beans and any kind of Beans is good protein and goes a long way. They will be on your diet following surgery. Best of luck!

The time before surgery is a great time to begin experimenting with sources of Protein to determine what you like. There is an unbelievable amount of choices. It seems that everyone sells a Protein Powder. I think whey is the first choice, but many folks also use soy or rice based Protein.< /p>

If you do some searches there have been posts about where to get samples of protein to help you make some choices. Personally I like unjury chocolate Splendor and strawberry Sorbet. They advertise as medical quality protein. I like the taste and the quality is excellent. It does appear to be a little more expensive. I also use Syntrax Nectars Fuzzy Navel. I purchased this on Amazon and got it because I can mix it with Water, so it has the consistency of a light drink.

just want to point out that a lot of people advise to not stock up on Protein powders and bars until after your surgery. a lot of people's taste buds change (mine included). before surgery i preferred the powder to ready-to-drink shakes, but after surgery i find the powder way too sweet for me (except the chike iced coffee) so i mostly drink the premier and pure protein ready-to-drink shakes. drink what you like best pre-op, but buy a few samples or individual shakes for post-op because things might change. good luck!

I am lucky in that my husband was sleeved too, and he loves what I do not like LOL. I hate milk and milky tasting shakes and pills.

There is a website www.vitalady.com you can buy individual packets to sample.