Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over 350lbs Success With VSG

Aaron, thats some bad-ass mofudgin' work right there son. GET IT!

Hey I got my sleeve 16 months ago and lost 140 pounds I was 380 and now ima down to 240 ish but I'm actually getting converted to the bypass due too really bad acid reflex but also it can boost up me weight losing becuz eventual after 18 the weight loss stops or slow downs .. But I think the bypass will help you lose maybe alil more then the sleeve but they both work great so just make sure you get the one you really want!

I considered the duodenal switch gastric bypass but I was too afraid of re-routing everything. In the past I haven't had the best luck healing from surgeries and I was so afraid to re-route. I have been back and forth though between bypass and the sleeve. I want the most success possible from either surgery. I know most of the battle is making good choices, staying motivated, and following the diet. So I hope that even with the sleeve I can achieve my goal if I am determined. Congrats on your weight loss and I hope your revision to bypass goes great!!!!

Thank you! And yes the rerouting I believe is not a big deal to be overly concerned due to the fact that the surgeons explain everything and the only thing that differs from both is that the bypass you can develop the dumping syndrome witch is like rare , unless you do something outta the ordinary ... But yeah maybe you should see your surgeon again and ask for their opinion ... It always seems too help !!! But goodluck

Hey u can do what eva u want to do I was sleeve 7/16/2012 I was 23 years old at 316 plds n 5 foot 2 n is now steady at 187 2 192 n loving it. I just got skin surgery on Dec 5th 2013 n is still healing but u can do it. So I've lost 130 plds n reach the 100 old mark roughly at 7 months. Good luck on ya journey n i will follow

Hey u can do what eva u want to do I was sleeve 7/16/2012 I was 23 years old at 316 plds n 5 foot 2 n is now steady at 187 2 192 n loving it. I just got skin surgery on Dec 5th 2013 n is still healing but u can do it. So I've lost 130 plds n reach the 100 old mark roughly at 7 months. Good luck on ya journey n i will follow u on ya journey. Stay positive

My current weight is 380 or so and I want to get below 200. Is that feasible with the VSG?

Have you watched LessofSarah on YouTube? Similar starting stats -- in fact, I think she was higher to begin with -- and she's lost a whole bunch with the sleeve. She looks amazing!

Have you watched LessofSarah on YouTube? Similar starting stats -- in fact, I think she was higher to begin with -- and she's lost a whole bunch with the sleeve. She looks amazing!

Sarah started at 460 and is now about 230 a year post VSG

I just checked her out she is doing wonderfully wow. N her husband was such a support to her n her journey n she always had a good spirit

Thanks for the stats. I couldn't remember the exact numbers, only that she looks awesome!