Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today has been a bad day. i had a fill on dec. 26th. but i am having trouble getting started on solids. i am remembering the vet's who all state it might take awhile to get used to a fill especially as you near the green zone. to be patient with your band. it has been hard today. and than i came across this.

Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip toe if you must but take the step.

This is how i am feeling with this fill. i can drink anything and i can eat soft foods mostly, :P but i can't eat very much , certainly not a 1/2 cup of food. but i will tip toe right now and be patient.

Sometimes you have to be patient with fills. As long as you are getting something in I would say wait it out. I have gone three weeks on liquids and very soft foods before I could eat. My stomach is sensitive and it takes a while for the swelling to go down. Sometimes you just have to be patient and wait it out. The only time I ever tell anyone to go get an unfill is if you absolutely can not swallow anything.

If you have followed some of the bandsters that have lost a good amount of weight , and what does your doc say to do after you get a fill mine says 2 days of liquids then 1-2 days of mushies then I can go back to solids , so find out what your doc reccomends to do after you get a fill? as I know what mine tells me .

Your story sounds like mine, and for me, it did get better....if I felt I was not eating enough, I would eat more frequently....but along with the sensations you describe, I also developed a lack of interest in eating, always feeling satisfied....with the feeling I cannot possible eat "Another Thing"

I should add, that I was never concerned about eating too little...I know many people say you need to eat more to loose more.....and they will also throw the word "Metabolism" around....

I don't even count calories......
What I have always done and still do, is make darn sure I am getting my daily Protein requirements, along with constantly drinking Water....

And if I am going to be eating so little, I make darn sure it it the best food I can eat and not waste it on some garbage.....

Edited by B-52

My surgeon says 2 days clear and 2 days full liquids, so if you are still swollen, it is pretty normal. You said that you can get liquids and mushies. I agree with the others to wait and see. best wishes, Happy New Year. Karen..aka..kll724

Hi Terry, with my last fill I had some of the same issues. When I went back to solids I started with a few Protein bars. They were soft enough to give me some confidence and solid enough to help me get over the fear that I might get stuck.

After that I was able to get back to my regular chicken, fish, and other solid foods for meal times. I think I am at the looser side of the green right now, and next month may let the Dr. tweak it but I totally understand where you are coming from. Take it slow and as B-52, Cheryl and Karen said as long as your getting something in your gonna be great!

Happy New Year to you!

I should also add.....my friends all think I'm "Mental"

Not to mention some of the other posts entitled "Feeling Normal?"

Or how about "Out of Body Experience"

These posts get my attention....remember I grew up in the 60's.....

Edited by B-52

lol b-52. i have a certificate on my wall that says i am certifiable.(my family made it for me on a birthday) but thanks to everyone. what you all wrote gives me the confidence and courage i needed. today is a much better day mentally. i have already taken a walk and ate some oatmeal. it may have been a couple of spoonfuls but it was filling and no problems. so am a happy camper.