Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Blegh to water

Hi all!

Before I was sleeved my go to drink was Water. I loved the taste and refreshing feeling. But since being sleeved (12/9/13), I cannot stand the taste of water. It leaves a horrible after taste and sort of tastes bitter. Weird! Anyone else have this happen? I'm trying to get my water in, and so I'm drinking it but not liking it! I'm really not into crystal lite or artificial flavouring as they have aspartame in them. Any suggestions for alternatives would be greatly appreciated! :) thanks in advance!

A squeeze of lemon or lime. Herbal tea. Or just throw a tea bag into a pitcher of cold Water and let it sit for an hour for a subtle flavor. Some people find that just a pinch of salt helps. Or try different temperatures (very cold, just out of the tap, slightly warm, hot). A splash of fruit juice.

Many of us seem to have trouble with Water. Pretty sad right? I'm hoping it gets better over time, I know I've read it did for some people. Someone said something about the surface tension of Water not sitting well with the sleeve and how putting crystal lite etc cut it down a bit. But I do understand the artificial sweetener issue you raise.

So my latest discovery in this is regard is Teavana teas, but I am sure any caffeine free tea will do the same. They are naturally flavorful, and my sleeve still deals better with warm liquids than cold ones, always has. My husband's sleeve is the opposite, so you may have to play with iced or hot teas. But that may be something to try.

I also have good luck with Propel zero and G2.

I think the whole reason is the doggie doo breath caused by the high Protein and negligible carbs. It makes everything taste icky. Except for Dulce de Leche pudding, of course.

I have become addicted to the Jasmine Oolong from teavana.

I had to take out a mortgage to pay for it, but so yummy!

omg, ours was the Maharaja Masala Chai. The prices are absolutely daylight robbery and I am being a cheapie and making multiple pots of tea with 2 little tablespoons and they're all yummy.

I think the whole reason is the doggie doo breath caused by the high Protein and negligible carbs. It makes everything taste icky. Except for Dulce de Leche pudding, of course.

Oh hey, if you like pudding, check out my high Protein pudding recipes. We've had pistachio, butterscotch, lemon, Peanut Butter, and chocolate ones every night since we first made those. So. Yummy!

Oh hey, if you like pudding, check out my high Protein pudding recipes. We've had pistachio, butterscotch, lemon, Peanut Butter, and chocolate ones every night since we first made those. So. Yummy!

I just made some chocolate pudding with a sample packet of Syntrax Chocolate Truffle Protein powder. It is still chilling.

Thanks guys!! Awesome ideas!! I'm thinking I'll go to teavana tonight! :)

You know what? get online first and make a list of the teas that are on sale, print it out and then go if you can. It's VERY confusing in the store right now because everything is on sale etc. and it's very crowded. I ended up buying very expensive teas, wasn't sure what was on sale, couldn't figure out if there was caffeine or not, total confusion.

Today I had to order another set for my son, and it was so much more reasonable to look at their very beautifully designed site, and pick a list of caffeine free stuff on sale. That way you at least know what to ask for in the store.

omg, ours was the Maharaja Masala Chai. The prices are absolutely daylight robbery and I am being a cheapie and making multiple pots of tea with 2 little tablespoons and they're all yummy.

I went to the international market and got 2 lbs of Turkish tea, then mixed in my Jasmine Oolong!! Stretchhhhhhhhh!

Propel Zero is my drink of choice these days - grape, berry, orange, strawberry kiwi.

I drank plain Water all the time pre-op. The day after surgery I tried to drink Water and it was like it hand sand in it or something. Got dehydrated on day 3 which was horrible.

Vitamin Water Zero works sometimes - others, it's way to sweet.

I like to float a couple of cucumber slices in my Water. It gives the Water a nice refreshing flavor.

Try flavored stevia